[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey anon, so I have a fairly powerful computer I wanted to sell,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Ubuntu-is-a-operating-system1[1].jpg (186KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ubuntu-is-a-operating-system1[1].jpg
186KB, 1920x1200px
Hey anon, so I have a fairly powerful computer I wanted to sell, but when I bought it I didn't want to pay an extra $80 for the operating system so I got it without one and pirated my own copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. It's fully installed and works perfect; there's no indication that it's not genuine beyond not getting updates. I've had it for quite a while now, but it's starting to become obsolete and I'm starting college so I was going to get a laptop instead, but I'm slightly afraid to sell my computer with the pirated OS.

What do you think? Should I sell it with the current operating system? Or perhaps I should install a free operating system? Which OS should I use? I assume Linux but I don't know anything about Linux distros myself so I don't know which one would be best for my potential buyer. Ubuntu seems to be the most user friendly?

pic not really related
>>
you're selling it to a normie most likely,

why would a normie give a shit about a pirated OS? as long as it is quiet nobody gives a shit. only old people too scared of computers would feel 'unsafe' in face of this.

if they ask you about it say you sold it with a 80 dollar discount so they could afford the OS.

although they didn't ask for a pirated OS, they didn't ask for something they can't use or play gaymes in either.

do this: install windows 8.1 in it. disable all junk besides the font optimization and windows shadows. the pc will at it's peak speed in this crap OS.
if they're stupid enough to use windows 10, they'll resent it (just like I do) and find the pirated OS even better than the paid one.
>>
That's what I was thinking too, but it makes me more confident to here it from someone else.
>>
If you want an actual answer than a pirated copy of windows would be better than a Linux Distro for general sale.

If you want a more autistic answer, honestly pirating software and trying to pass it off as legitimate to use for a sale is a lack of integrity on your end. It's up to you to decide if that means anything but I honestly feel that the world gets a little shittier when people give up on their integrity, even for stupid shit like this.

But what do I know, I'm just some random poster in a nigerian knitting club.
>>
>>56014483

You should have updated your pirated 7 into legal 10 when you could.

Did they actually turn that off btw?
>>
>>56014483
don't sell it with a pirated OS op, it isn't right. Even if you were careful, you know people love to put malware in os crackers and if someone loses their important info (bank, ssn, email) because you were too lazy of a fag to do it right that is on you

Just dban the drive, then leave it empty and mark it as no OS, or install Ubuntu
>>
File: 1468299265899.jpg (607KB, 1880x1634px) Image search: [Google]
1468299265899.jpg
607KB, 1880x1634px
>>56014483
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>56014483
Put Ubuntu on it just to cover your butt.
>>
>>56015341
Fucking RMS got raped by a parrot.
>>
why so many anons post this Ctrl+V comment
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.