[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to Louvre in Paris >Near entrance, under the pyramid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Apple_Louvre.jpg (117KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Apple_Louvre.jpg
117KB, 1024x576px
>Go to Louvre in Paris
>Near entrance, under the pyramid
>Apple store
When did "techmology" make you sad?
>>
>>56009194

There are lots of other shops there as well anon.
>>
Don't worry, some refugee will probably blow it up soon when they realize that Apple is gay.
>>
>>56009261
yeah but the OP doesn't have a borderline autistic sense of propriety over those industries. a tech store at the louvre has to be what he wants or he'll be sad.
>>
>>56009261
The French are dependent on apple stuff. Literally 80% of the population has an iPhone. I've never seen so many sheep.
>>
>>56009261
yes, but none trigger my autism as hard
>>
>>56009284
How about no fucking shops at all? That is a historic building turned business.
>>
>>56009299
sure. i can respect that perspective. but the OP is sad about the apple store and technology. this isn't about the sanctity of a historic and influential museum.

>>56009285
wao lulz sheep so epic
>>
>>56009299
You need money to run something like the Louvre
>>
>>56009352
isn't it funded by the french government (and in turn by the people)?
>>
>>56009362
more sources of income = more money
>>
It's been there since they built the pyramid dummy.
>>
>>56009374
you're creating a chicken and egg problem without acknowledging the true nature of it. perhaps there's enough money from taxpayers to keep the louvre running, but it would have to be in a limited sense. maybe reduced hours, but more likely serious limitations in the acquisitions that can be made and the conservation that can be done.

so leasing some space upstairs might give them some amount of extra income per year - might be a lot, might be a small amount - and they can use that extra income to do more ambitious things.

so it's not fair to say that they need it to run the louvre, but it's also not entirely inaccurate either. i'm also not entirely clear on whether anyone here who has thought about it this much honestly objects very strenuously to the presence of retail stores if it means growing the louvre's purse considerably. like i agree that it would be preferable to not have stores, but not MORE preferable than having a thriving louvre is.

or at least, this combination (the apple store isn't *inside*, like adjacent to the paintings; and whatever this has allowed the louvre to acquire and preserve seems to be working) doesn't bother me enough to make me demand that it stop.

i feel like this is like objecting to sweatshops in third world countries. like yeah we all disapprove in principle, but we're all still buying clothing that couldn't possibly be this cheap if the workers weren't being treated like slaves.
>>
>>56009440
You are off by 20 years, retard.
Pyramid opening: 1989
Apple store: 2009
>>
File: 1358806054473.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1358806054473.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>56009315
>>
>>56009285
French aren't human.
>>
>>56009194
Tom Hanks found Jesus great great great great great great granddaughter by solving a puzzle there.
>>
>>56009299
I understand what you mean and would agree, but the louvre isn't really historical much. It's a modern museum that looks like shit and aged like milk compared to real historical monuments.
>>
>>56009299
>historic building
Built in 1989
>>
>>56010553
Historic != Historical.
>>
>>56010622
>historic underground shopping center
>>
>>56009285
http://www.clubic.com/pro/entreprises/google/actualite-793722-android-frole-70-france.html

France has 70% Android, higher than Burgerland.

Va te suicider, tarlouze.
>>
>>56009299
Hahaha, from what year do you hail? Don't worry, you won't be leaving this time with your dignity intact.
>>
Oh look, another whiny non-technology thread. When does school start back up again?
>>
>>56010895
Oh no, this isn't yet another AMD/NVIDIA thread. What are you, 5?
>>
>>56009194
The pyramid looks more out of place desu.
>>
File: Louvre-Pyramid-Paris.jpg (70KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
Louvre-Pyramid-Paris.jpg
70KB, 500x312px
>>56010948
Seriously, why would you do this?
>>
>>56011154
Because art you bigoted swine. I bet you are able to appreciate architecture and craftsmanship wtf is wrong with you, I'm fucking triggered.
>>
>>56011154
i bet you don't believe in magnetisum and power that a structure like a pyramid, with the right proportion, can harvest.
>>
>>56009194
since you are here you should taste the montardes at the shop Maille.
There is also Mariage Frère if you want tea or offer tea. It's not expansive at all (7.5€ the 100g)
>>
>>56013124
>montardes
*moutardes
>>
>>56013124
well, it's what you find in supermarkets all over France
of course it's not expensive

>mfw burgers always think our basic food is luxury
>>
When idiots started falling for the smartphone fad. NO technology is worse for our society or a bigger worthless, barely functional, inferior clusterfuck than this garbage technology that is destroying our society.
>>
>>56013208
actually no. in our supermarkets you don't find those teas. you have to go to a tea shop. And about the shop Maille, they have a lot of different moutardes that you won't find in other places
>>
>>56013251
your commentary just reads like a faggot who's bitching and whining about society in general and finding the latest scapegoat to blame its "demise" on. didn't xkcd do a comic about this?
>>
File: isolation.png (63KB, 740x243px) Image search: [Google]
isolation.png
63KB, 740x243px
>>56013341
jesus he did. if your commentary has been pre-empted by an xkcd comic, it's unequivocally stale.
>>
>>56013397
na, it's just old if it's on xkcd, stale is when your argument is brought up in dilbert comic
>>
Because Chinese fashion accessories are apparently art etc.
>>
>>56009194
desu it's better than a walmart
>>
File: 3.jpg (225KB, 993x957px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
225KB, 993x957px
>>56009299
>>56010553
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.