[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Free (Libre) >Free (Gratis) Why do you act like there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

>Free (Libre)
>Free (Gratis)

Why do you act like there's a difference?
>>
You probably think there's no difference between a fedora and a trilby either you stupid fucking normie
>>
why do retarded people act like there's a difference between different kinds of retardation? it's basically all the same, isn't it OP? like you don't quibble over whether you're low functioning autistic or have down syndrome.

i propose an overarching term to cover everyone like OP: "shitforbrains". it rolls off the tongue and its etymology is appropriate - "shit for brains" aptly describes whatever myriad disorders the OP might have.
>>
Libre refere to liberty while gratis means free in the sense of pricing
>>
File: 1422698739802.gif (2MB, 410x230px)
1422698739802.gif
2MB, 410x230px
>Free (libre)
Every fedora tipping faggot has his own definition and none of them have the logical skill and philosophical education to properly justify their views. Saying free (libre) is a waste of breath/keystrokes. You're better off explicitly referring to which legal privileges the recipient and creator are allotted, because nobody shares your special snowflake set of bullshit entitlements, i mean, uh, rights.

Notice that the majority of people who use free as in libre are zealots who worship their philosophy like a natural god. Richard Stallman, BSD libertarians...

>Free (gratis)
You can say this and people will know exactly what you're talking about
>>
>>56008410
Free (libre) is a useful signal that you're aware of the complexities of software copyright and are generally striving toward giving people the freedom to use software however they want. the copyright details of whether you used bsd or mit or gpl or whatever are sort of vaguely past that point; if everyone agrees that we should be free to exchange knowledge, then we can talk about the nuance.

this is a lot like when SJWs use terms like "micro aggressions" or "privilege". there are potentially infinite micro aggressions, and people might disagree about what is one and isn't one. the point isn't enumerating them all with a stand-in, but to act as a dog whistle for other SJWs that you're an SJW. you "get" it, which you couldn't prove except by using those terms seriously.
>>
>>56008444
Libre could mean you just care about some form of freedom

But in most usages it means you care about a specific form of freedom. It's a loaded word. It's an invitation to argue.

>oh so you like stallman then, my brother in emacs
>oh so you think i don't desrve the means of production you fucking communist piece of shit I'LL KSH YOUR SKULL IN WITH YOUR OWN THINKPAD CUNT
>DID YOU MEAN BASH BECAUSE KSH IS NON-FREE SHIT
>WANKER
>>
File: apol-emoji.jpg (135KB, 780x439px)
apol-emoji.jpg
135KB, 780x439px
>>56008299
>Free (Libre)
FREE AS IN FREEDOM
>Free (Gratis)
FREE AS IN FREE BEER
>>
>>56008299
>Why do you act like there's a difference?
Because they're different.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.