[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I install windows 7 on to a windows 10 pre-installed machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: windows 7.jpg (40KB, 647x450px) Image search: [Google]
windows 7.jpg
40KB, 647x450px
How do I install windows 7 on to a windows 10 pre-installed machine

I fucking hate windows 10 and all its spyware shit and forced updates that slow my computer down

>inb4:
>windows 7 has telemetry too
I know
>install gentoo
no
>just restart with windows 7 disk
already tried
>>
>>56007034
Format C:\
>>
>>56007034
Some new computers can downgrade

Have you checked that, OP?

If not then format it all and install some other OS like Zorin or something
Who knows if you can use your win 10 key to downgrade to win 7
>>
>>56007148
I guess ill have to do that then
>>
>>56007167
It's called the Windows Downgrade Rights.

https://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/downgrade_rights.aspx
>>
>>56007218
fuck I dont have w10 pro but regardless im just going to backup my files and dban the fucker and install windows 7 home
>>
Go here and download the Windows 7 iso of your choice

http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

Next search google for a program called "Rufus" to create a bootable USB flash drive.

Next go here and download daz loader

http://board.deioncube.in/showthread.php?tid=9

so you can activate Windows.

You're welcome
>>
>ITT: retards that think hardware manufacturers make windows 7 compatible drivers for 2016 hardware.

unless that pre-installed machine is a business class PC you're fucked OP
>>
>>56007034
install puppy linux
>>
>>56007344
I'm sure windows 8.1 drivers are compatible with Windows 7
>>
>>56007431
Do you use it? Thoughts?
>>
>>56007344
if I really cant find drivers for it, then ill just reinstall w10

it wont be hard at all
>>
>>56007034
>>just restart with windows 7 disk
>already tried
Windows 10 doesn't block boot discs anon
>>
>>56007552
it did to mine

I tried restarting it and running it and it just booted to w10

I tried running it while I was logged in and it said that program is not compatible with w10
>>
>>56007034
"/g/"
>>
>>56007617
Oh I'm sorry, is Windows 7 not technology?
>>
>>56007034
Format the whole disk, if that doesn't work , boo from usb and wipe the disk.
After do a clean install of w7.
>>
>>56007218
Home editions can't downgrade legally. Only Pro editions can.
>>
>>56007344
alot win10 drivers work with win 7 brah
>>
>>56007344
Why wouldn't the company make drives for older OS?
>>
>>56007646
WINDOWS 10 OVERRIDES MY BIOS

FUCK
>>
found out why I cant boot any disks on startup

my computer has secure boot and im trying to disable it now
>>
File: who.jpg (41KB, 531x531px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
41KB, 531x531px
Everyone seems to ignore the elephant

Is it a notebook OP?
What model is it?

Chances are there are no drivers and the bios/uefi isn't even compatible with Windows 7 if it's too new

Also reversing uefi can be an absolute bitch in every notebook I've had to download bios updates specifically for allowing win 7 to even exist
>>
>>56007676
yeah its a toshiba satellite c55-c
>>
>>56007696
OP you shouldn't even be using Windows on a laptop, it's understandable on a desktop but not a laptop. Just install linux
>>
>>56007745
laptops the only thing I got and its what I do most my gaming on so linux wouldnt work out too well with me
>>
>>56007758
You'd be surprised how well most games run in linux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5hskbSgFGY
>>
>>56007794
compatibility is what im talking about
>>
Fucking idiots in this board, if the machine dont let u install win 7, go to the UEFI firmware (Bios) and change to LEGACY MODE, disable secure boot, then install win 7.

Daz loader dont work in GPT partitions, in that case install framework 4 and use MTK.
>>
>>56007594
bios has some w10 fastboot shit, disable it. look for a "legacy" or "CSM" boot option
>>
>>56007657
Because they are not selling them with older OS idiot?
>>
if you manage to get windows 7 installer to boot, you'll have to use the repair options first. open cmd from the repair menu, then diskpart, list disk, choose your main hard disk, clean. then you can format it as an mbr disk and continue installing 7
>>
>>56010125
/thread
>>
>>56007626
You don't know how to install Windows 7. Really?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.