[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They say whatsapp is secure end to end. So how is whatsapp getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 160810_020831.png (649KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
160810_020831.png
649KB, 900x1600px
They say whatsapp is secure end to end. So how is whatsapp getting the extra information from the links that are sent? How is it able to grab a link I'm sending and grab a picture of the video and extra text? Don't you have to habe the app scan for links and use an API function to gather this extra information?
>>
>>56007013
Client-side
>>
>>56007050

Client side is able to grab this kind of information effectively?
>>
>blocks out the time
>>
>>56007084
Make a google search?
Yes.
>>
File: tinffoilcat.jpg (70KB, 596x457px) Image search: [Google]
tinffoilcat.jpg
70KB, 596x457px
>>56007115
>>
>>56007013
Those circles are so bright and visible
>>
File: 1467675556476.png (1MB, 1182x956px) Image search: [Google]
1467675556476.png
1MB, 1182x956px
>>56007013
>Is super paranoid about government and corporation spying
>uses a smartphone operating system created by LITERALLY GOOGLE, one of the biggest technology companies in the world that has no concern for user's privacy

Are you fucking serious right now, you retarded mongoloid piece of shit?
>>
>>56007013
Can you turn off this feature?

There's not much point in end-to-end encryption if the client is just going to send what it received out onto the Internet.
>>
>>56007013
Hello retard, your phone goes to the site and grabs the most relevant information, a picture, the description,etc. then it displays it in the chat, all without having ever to open the site yourself, isn't technology amazing?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.