[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright lads, how hard is this shit? I got approached by the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (5KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 255x197px
Alright lads, how hard is this shit?

I got approached by the biggest IT company for a network manager job, they're hiring me as soon as i pass this and the test is set for the 30th.

I've done 6 months of IT school for the army, and I work with various systems at least once a month as well.

I've already got A+. And I'm pretty tech savvy.
>>
>>56003553
The security+ is about as hard as the network cert from Cisco but for security.

It's rigorous in its practices and not at all similar to the ease and outdatedness of the A+ exam. I'd buy the newest book and study hardcore asap if you hope to pass because it's beyond the scope of common sense and anti virus.
>>
>>56003553
Actually pretty easy if you have a little
But of IT experience. Buy a study guide and get after it.
>>
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/9bmteb9f67uet#zjd9o9z1t4go8
>>
I just finished a college course designed for the Security+, but the book was from 2012. Any materials I might need to know to pass the current Security+?
>>
>>56004138
>http://www.mediafire.com/folder/9bmteb9f67uet#zjd9o9z1t4go8

Mohammed Nagieb needs to remove his name from that folder. He can literally get decertified with no explanation.
>>
its not hard if you have at least a year of basic desktop support in enterprise experience.
just dump it and pad your resume.
then study something actually useful
>>
>>56005251
The company that approached me wants to paynfor CCNA certs and Linux certs. They just need me to get this cert because im working on DoD computers.

I'm 20 with no college degree making 45k a year starting.

That's insane.
>>
>>56005419
20 bucks an hour is nothing
and yes its common for dod to require security+
>>
>>56003553
you should try meth

will help you focus, and cheaper than the name meds
>>
>>56003553
bump
>>
>>56004827
Maybe it's an elaborate plot by his arch nemesis to do just that.
>>
>>56004751
2012 edition materials will get you almost nowhere now. You could pass 2012 sec+ easily if you ever did DoD security awareness and read up on basics of PKI and best practices

The latest version falls more in line with Ethical Hacker. More labs, more practical comsec material.
>>
>>56005500
What wouldn't be in the 2012 materials? it covers attacks still used today, types of encryption, how to break WEP and why, and WPA2's AES encryption with EAP authentication, plus tons of other stuff. Just curious about what else there is, because there isn't much new that I can find
>>
>>56005433
20 dollars an hour is a fuck ton when your young, single and have been making 7.25 for 3 years.

Especially when the cost of living is dirt cheap here.
>>
>>56005433
>$20 an hour is nothing
t. a rich person.
>>
>>56005419
>>56005433
>20 bucks an hour is nothing
Actually $21.63-ish. But $20/hour is pretty good at 20.

Think of it this way: most STEM people at 20 are still in school, meaning whatever job you have is likely an internship.

A STEM internship tends to range from $18-25, or at least the ones that my friends got (although we were mostly EE/CE).

So really, he's pretty much on-track, if not ahead since he's also getting his certs for free and earlier than usual.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.