[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, i have a problem and i thought maybe you can help me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: asff.png (26KB, 309x187px) Image search: [Google]
asff.png
26KB, 309x187px
Hey guys, i have a problem and i thought maybe you can help me.

I'm trying to setup a configuration that allows me to control my raspberry from a remote pc.

ssh is activated on the raspberry (i can successfully connect and login using the dhcp-address that it got from my router from inside the network)

port 22 is forwarded to the device

global ip is known and put into putty, settings on ssh

i cannot disable the firewall of my router, but pinging my global ip works, so i don't think the firewall is blocking the ssh connection

still i get this error message. I searched the web, but only found tutorials and instructions that basically tell me i got everything right.
>>
>>55996808
Oh yeah, and a port scan of my global ip shows me that port 22 is visible to the outside
>>
Change the port number so that all the chinese haxorz can't get to you.
>>
>>55996986

I already tried that. I forwarded port 9999 and 18400 to 22, but still the same message.
>>
>>55996808
>i cannot disable the firewall of my router, but pinging my global ip works, so i don't think the firewall is blocking the ssh connection
Wow, you are dumb.

You really shouldn't be doing this with the level of knowledge you haev.
>>
Is ssh listening on only network lol
>>
>>55996808
No you didn't do everything right

For one you're running fucking Putty

OK. Try to SSH from your windows "computer" directly to the local IP address of your Raspberry Pi. Not your internet IP address. If it doesn't work, that means you have to check the firewall config on the Pi, as well as the SSH settings.
>>
>>55997041
Only local network*
>>
>>55997015

I know that ping and ssh are different protocols and have nothing to do with each other. My thought process was: if they dont block ping, they maybe also don't block ssh.

Also: Saying someone is dumb without reasoning why.

Enlighten me
>>
Telnet from the outside to port 22. It will give you some idea if the connection fails or the authentication fails. You should also be able to see the connection in the logs on your pi.
>>
>>55996808
Try port scanning it from one of those online nmap services.
>>
>>55997078
An ICMP echo request 'ping' is used for network troubleshooting. An SSH connection on port 22 is used for remotely connecting and controlling computers.

Your thought process kind of sucked on that one. It's acceptable from a security standpoint for a firewall to answer ping requests. It's useful for a tech to troubleshoot basic networking faults. It's absolutely unacceptable to ship a default firewall config with fucking SSH wide open.
>>
>>55997041

I did not know that this was a possibility, will check in a minute

>>55997057

Thanks for the advice, but i explained in the OP that i already did that, and that i can establish a connection from my local network.

>>55997101

Will try

>>55997102

I did run a port scan and it showed the port, so port forwarding seems to work
>>
>>55997057
>can't read op
>>55997078
>can't read sticky

>>51971506
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
There's even threads for retarded questions like these.
>>
it says the connection is refused, not 'no response' or w/e which it would if dropped. It's receiving the connection on the pi and refusing it.

what you really need to do is put the pi on a dmz and make an airtight firewall on the device itself with iptables, but since that ups the complexity by 100 times just open your home lan on the most dangerous port and use challenge-response authentication with a short password, and don't log anything
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.