[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I just bought a uv-b5. According to the spec sheet it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Hey /g/, I just bought a uv-b5. According to the spec sheet it can output on 2 watts on low power. I know it is illegal to transmit on anything but the amateur bands, but I was wondering if the fcc could find out if I transmiting on MURS channels while on 2 watts. I can't see how the FCC would find out.
>>
Reported to the fcc lol
>>
Going to play it safe and report OP
https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=38844

Do you know how dangerous it is to mess around with radio illegally? You could down a fucking plane or stop cops from communicating in a life or death situation.

Even if you haven't done anything yet you're a menace and need to be dealt with.
>>
Murs bands are unlicensed with a limit of 2 watts. You're perfectly fine as long as you stay under the limit.

>>55988469
Google shit before acting like a tard
>>
>>55988469
AFAIK those baofeng radios are analog only and only operate on VHF/UHF
that's not going to fuck with any airplane or police radio, since they're all digital
>>
>>55988469
>Down a plane despite being very low power, in a different band, having a tiny antenna, usimg the WRONG MODULATION
How the fuck would it down a plane.
Most police/fire use digital now, and MURS isn't for them anyways. You're a retard
-t.
General class
>>
>>55988417
If it outputs a channel bandwidth that fits in 12.5khz, and you stay on the MURS frequencies, you should be good. There are also height-above-the-surface limitations.
>>
>>55988825
The height above surface limitations aren't for handhelds, so OP is good. To answer your question OP, you could do it and nobody would know that you weren't using a MURS approved radio. Even if you used the full five, most people wouldn't know and wouldn't care.
>>
>>55988417
I don't know about MURS but that thing will probably do FRS. But you really shouldn't as you're not supposed to use anything with a removable antenna for FRS.
>>
>>55988883
FRS is limited to "non-data" transmissions except for the new rules that allow GPS from my understanding (unless they changed the rules again).
>>
>>55988841
You don't know that. Maybe OP intends to climb a big ass tree, HT in hand.
>>
>>55988782
It's hilarious how people would believe that if a stray radio signal could instantly down a plane, the solution would be to make that radio signal illegal.
>>
Getting a tech license is easy if you read /g/.

Just use MURS, no one will find out as long as you're not being a dickhole.

And GMRS has its own license you have to pay for :(
>>
>>55988782
>>55988770
You'd be surprised, in the US at least most fire and ems are analog. Only some police are digital. Also all planes use analog.
>>
>>55989650
Analog isn't a single way of communicating through radio.
Planes use AM, that HT uses FM.
>>
>>55989674
In reality, analog is the only way of communicating with radio, but hey, I get your point.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.