[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it enough to disable laptop's camera from bios? or should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (5KB, 222x228px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 222x228px
is it enough to disable laptop's camera from bios?

or should i ducktape it?

general privacy thread
>>
>>55983516
Just remove the cables. That way nobody will know you're autistic.
>>
Install Gentoo. No drivers for the camera so it won't work when NSA tries to access it.
>>
>>55983516
Why did you even get a laptop with a camera?
>>
>>55983555
Came here to post this and it's already done with trips.Top notch, anon.
>>
>>55983555
fuck you, kid
>>55983589
every single one has a camera
>>
>>55983516
Your laptop's camera can't turn on without the light turning on.
>>
>>55985647
Not all laptop cameras have a light
>>
>>55983516
On linux and BSD you can disable it but on Windows it might can be turned on again from the backdoor.
>>
>>55983516

>or should i ducktape it?
>Implying the NSA can't turn on X-ray vision on your camera

you're fucked bro
>>
No one cares about getting dick pics off of you.
Getting the extremist opinions you talk about, that's another story. Your mic also almost never has a light.
Care more about that, you fourteen year old you.
>>
>>55985887
That post alone tells so much about you.
>>
>>55985887
>calling anon underage
>dick pics meme from xbox release
fuck off newfag
>>
>>55983516
your mic is still open
Yesterday i was eating at a restaurant with my wife and wanted to go to the movies after. So as soon as i typed C (as in Cinepolis) to know where the nearest theater was it prompted my search result with a venue not far from me.

Tape all the webcams you want. The botnet is always hearing
>>
don't forget to rip out the mic too
t. rossyboy
>>
This may disable all sound depending on how the drivers are set up. This is just a SO answer but wanted to contribute something unlike all these meming anons
lsmod
sudo vim /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
blacklist <name of module>
>>
File: IMG_20160808_110811.jpg (32KB, 633x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160808_110811.jpg
32KB, 633x478px
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYY3n4YWvFo
>>
File: 1470661912104.jpg (20KB, 491x210px) Image search: [Google]
1470661912104.jpg
20KB, 491x210px
>>55983516
no. you need to to rip open the lid and disconnect the connector.
>>
>>55983872
lolno
In fact I didn't even realize my elitebook 8440p DIDN'T have one until we had to have a hangouts meeting for work
>>
>>55983872
>every single one has a camera
posting this from my x220 that doesn't have a fucking camera you gook.
>>
>>55983516
What are you trying to hide?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.