[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I met RMS once at a car show probably 10 years ago. He was doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: stallman.jpg (126KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
stallman.jpg
126KB, 1024x682px
I met RMS once at a car show probably 10 years ago. He was doing a meet and greet with some other old stars like Gerald Sussman at a table that anyone could come up to. For some reason, I was addicted to the Free Software Foundation when I was a kid/teen. I'm 32 now so that shows how much of a social life I had. I read probably every article on his website so I was pretty excited to meet him. I politely said "hello" and "I loved GNU when I was a kid." He stared me straight in the eyes for what seemed like an eternity and didn't say one word. No expression on his face. No anything. I just kind of slowly walked away. Somehow, I've managed to meet and hang out with a lot of celebrities and bands and the goddamned Stallman experience is the one that sticks out and haunts me to this day.
>>
File: Stallman.png (219KB, 264x338px) Image search: [Google]
Stallman.png
219KB, 264x338px
>>55982951
>"Holey moley, he called it GNU and not 'Linux.' For the first time in a long time, someone actually called it GNU. For the first time in a long time, I didn't have to interject someone. Is this real life? Am I dreaming? Am I on the verge of a seizure? Am I dreaming? I need to perform a lucid dreaming reality check."
>>
File: 1457741909899.jpg (505KB, 1280x2050px) Image search: [Google]
1457741909899.jpg
505KB, 1280x2050px
>>55982951
>>
yeah, anon already beat me too it
but It caught him off guard, i'm sure he was ready to tell you to call it GNU Linux instead of just Linux, but had to stop himself
>>
Maybe he was priming/reinitializing your /g/ loop. So, whenever you log on to /g/ now, the first thread does this deep dream thing where the frame buffer is filled with frames that make him nod, or drop his brow, shake his head, etc. And now that you've had the actual pleasure, not even google can get through to you. You are free.
>>
File: 1468798169120.png (245KB, 900x827px) Image search: [Google]
1468798169120.png
245KB, 900x827px
>>55983045
I lost it, thanks anon.
>>
Maybe it wasnt the real gnu/rms and your compliment threw him off
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.