[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a ZOTAC AMP! 1080. Not the Extreme model. The extra OCing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1080-AMP-2.jpg (119KB, 1000x784px) Image search: [Google]
ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1080-AMP-2.jpg
119KB, 1000x784px
Getting a ZOTAC AMP! 1080. Not the Extreme model. The extra OCing yields little in fps gains and doesn't justify the additional cost.

Thoughts on this particular cards?
>>
>>55982838
Zotac makes good cards. Normally you can get the amp, omega and extreme within $10 of each other. I'd recommend their triple fan
>>
Zotac makes good cards, but I heavily recommend the extreme edition, if you're buying a top of the line gaming GPU and the best brand, go for the top model. That fucker can overclock like a champ and puts every other 1080 to shame
>>
>>55982943
>triple fan
This.
Also, make sure it can be physically supported by your case and motherboard.
Sagging isn't that great, and if doesn't fit, well that sucks.
>>
>>55982943
>>55983013
This
>>
>>55982838
All my cards have been ZOTAC and I love them. I'm going to parrot others in getting more fans because I remember my first one running a bit hot and it only had one tiny fan on it. My 980Ti has 3 fans and runs super cool. But it's huge.
>>
>>55983067

I was liking the design of the Extreme, but I decided that it wasn't necessary. My Fractal Design Arc XL can take anything, but the model lower was right up my alley. Plus over $100 cheaper.
>>
>>55982838

OP, i have a 1070 AMP! and from what i've gathered, they run hotter than the Extreme version. They're still very good cards, but due to the way the GPU Boost 3.0 works, it downclocks as the temperature rises - my gpu peaks at 2075MHz, but clocks down to 2025~2000MHz when it reaches the throttle limit. The Extreme edition can keep it cooler and thus at a higher clock, but even then it's a small difference. If you aren't overclocking/have a cool case with good airflow, it's a good option.
>>
>>55983457

My case is huge (Arc XL) and I may OC modestly. I picked this one over the Founder's and AMP Extreme due to the availability and price. It will easily put my 390 to shame, which may either get sold or serve as a backup.
>>
>>55982838
My thought is it is well past the point of diminishing returns for your dollar. It's fast and expensive. Get it if you want it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.