[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tl;dr explain in engineering terms how my phone can be so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1343845616741.jpg (88KB, 796x575px) Image search: [Google]
1343845616741.jpg
88KB, 796x575px
>tl;dr explain in engineering terms how my phone can be so selectively slow

I have a samsung galaxy s5, ive had it for a year or so. the text messaging on this phone is so slow even those with the most extensive patience would grow agitated. to open a recently received message could take up to 4 minutes without exaggeration, being able to type anything in response has taken up to 11 minutes. this is every single time a message occurs, the phone loses all functionality and struggles at what im assuming is 100% CPU usage for fucking text.

how is this even possible, i seriously want to know what my phones logic is thinking and trying to do that makes it work harder for simple text than it does for on the fly facial recognition during a snapchat video with the light on.

i genuinely dont understand. please enlighten me.
>>
>>55973888
LAGDROID
A
G
D
R
O
I
D
>>
>>55973888
>buying a meme phone
>>
>>55973888
>explain
you bought a samshit
>>
>>55973888
You have a software issue. Just back up everything you need and do a factory reset. If you restore your messages from a nackup and you still have the problem its your messages that are bugged. Do another reset and dont restore them
>>
>>55973921
>>55973934
>>55973956
apple isnt the meme phone anymore? i bought something i knew the public had access to alter, things like cyanogen mod and active communities that will make a product good again after business majors have their way with it.

but seriously what do i get then?

>>55973967
thank you for your response, how did this software issue come to exist?
>>
>>55973967
also why is it that no matter what form of 'contacts' i scroll through it will never list all of my contacts. my father for example is nowhere to be found in any of my contact lists, but if i type in 'dad' for the recipient of a message his contact info appears as selectable.
>>
>>55974011
Did you alter it? No? Then are you a complete moron? Go do it and then come back.
You did it? Then start from scratch and try doing it right this time, you complete moron. Set your kernel settings right for fuck's sake
>>
>explain to me why android is slow
>>
delete the cache/swap partition on your phone
>>
YOU'VE BEEN HACKED DELETE EVERYTHING
>>
>>55973888
1- Backup your pics/messages/contacts
2- System restore.
>>
>>55974147
Java.
>>
>>55974118
this just barely qualifies as helpful, lord fedora
>>
>>55974147
no, its not slow. what i would think to be one of the lightest applications is extremely slow and that perplexes me. it does other things very fast, i just feel like it gets these CPU hiccups and spikes and goes full worthless.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.