[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /g/ so I just had an odd thing happen. I removed a USB device

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: usb.jpg (13KB, 300x357px) Image search: [Google]
usb.jpg
13KB, 300x357px
Ok /g/ so I just had an odd thing happen. I removed a USB device from a port on the front of my case, and the little plastic thing inside it that separates the pins and keeps them safe came out inside the usb plug.

So I gently removed that using tweezers. Obviously the port itself is fucked. Not disputing that. But the device that was plugged in now doesn't work either when I plug it into other ports, and I'm trying to fix it.

Is it likely that the pins inside got scratched? Or misaligned? Or does it simply yearn for the closeness it had with that one port and refuses to work with anything else ever again? I dunno, need to get this thing working.
>>
>>55967979
My best guess is the pins got shorted and fried your motherboard USB controller.
Try disattaching the front USBs alltogether.
>>
>>55968124

The thing is that my other USB ports are working fine for other devices. It's just the thing that was originally plugged in that ain't working.
>>
File: 1d6.jpg (19KB, 330x309px) Image search: [Google]
1d6.jpg
19KB, 330x309px
>>55968169
Something blew up.
>>
>>55968169
Try another USB cable. If it doesn't help the USB controller of the device itself is probably fucked.
>>
>>55968124
>>55968205
This. Sorry, anon. Hope it was nothing too important.
>>
One of the pins in one of my usb ports in my laptop bended and is not making contact anymore. How do i repair this? Can i change the entire usb port?
>>
That's what you get for buying [brand]
>>
>>55968222

Ahhh. It's a dongle for using my 360 pad with my PC. No USB cable available.
>>
>>55968244
Oh, then it's nothing important. Just test it on another PC just to make sure and buy a new one.
>>
>>55968267

Yeah just tried it on my flatmates laptop. No result. So yeah things' fucked. Let's see if I can buy one separate.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.