[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you go about giving everyone in the world a means of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 39852.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
39852.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
How would you go about giving everyone in the world a means of browsing the internet?
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 234x175px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 234x175px
Cell towers and ghetto ass ZTE phones.
>>
I wouldn't
>>
>>55965895
Current infrastructures could not hold all of that fail.
>>
>>55965895
Why the fuck would I do that
>>
Genocide. No people, no problem.
>>
>>55965895
The "easiest" (in terms of rapid deployment and cost) would be extended range cell towers with microwave backhauls between each other, and routing done at each base station.

It would be hella slow compared to terrestrial wire systems, but you would have "internet" connectivity for a fraction of the cost.
>>
You have to tackle three fronts:

Devices
Connection
Content

Devices are getting ever lower prices, but large parts of mankind are still unable to afford one. I have been trying to think what an ultra affordable computer would look like, I guess Rpi like with a 10 inch screen. But we need to reach the 20 dollar computer point.

Connections are improving, but they still offer very low speeds, which leads us to the third point:

Content needs to be super low bandwith. Compression can help, but we need low bandwith websites.
>>
Dial-up modems. I'm assuming a lot of third world countries at least have telephone lines.
>>
Google is doing this by mass producing cheap smartphones for Africans.

Everyone will be on the botnet.
>>
My country went around it by having the national telecom have free internet, but like 2gb a month. Devices are still way too expensive, cheapest new PC would be around 200uss.
>>
Seize the means of production
>>
Kill anyone who doesn't already have access to the internet

Now everyone has access to the internet
>>
>>55965895
More people means more garbage on the internet. I have zero problem with letting only first world and developing 2nd world nations like russia have internet access. No third world nations like africa or brazil.
>>
>>55966280
This
>>
Kill all poor people and 3rd worlders
>>
>>55966461
Help the poor but get rid of the third worlders, problem solved.
>>
>>55965928
The only plausible answer
>>
>>55965895
$30 chink phones and some LTE towers.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.