[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with all the Microsoft and Apple shills? Linux is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (579KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
579KB, 750x1334px
What's with all the Microsoft and Apple shills?

Linux is as good as the time you put into it.

There's something nice about setting things up yourself and having them work.

If something breaks you know enough about your system to fix it.

What's wrong with that?
>>
>Linux is as good as the time you put into it.

That's the problem, most people have jobs and shit. They don't have time to spend two weeks fucking around, reading amatuer written documentation, and scouring forums to learn how to set-up their OS to do what they need.

They're especially not going to do that when options exists that does what they need out of the box without any of that bullshit.

>Buh buh I can set-up my Arch install over the course of a weekend you retard!! XDD

Yeah, maybe after being indoctrinated into Linux for years and understanding shared principals and procedures. Again, most people do not have time for this.
>>
>>55965465
What's with all the Linux shills?
>>
>>55965465
>If something breaks
Something that shouldn't happen.

In before "Muh Windows breaks all the time!" Yeah, if you're a dipshit and load it up with 10,000 garbage 3rd party programs. That's not Microsoft's problem. I haven't had to reinstall Windows since 2000. I ran the same XP build/install for 10 years straight.
>>
>>55965520
You can't shill free software just like you cant shill for donald trump. It's only shilling if you're getting paid to do so, linux and trump supporters for example do it because they love it.
>>
Its almost as if they are billion dollar companies that can afford to pay shills
>>
>>55965520

Waaay more Linux shills on here than Windows/Macshills.
>>
>>55965672
>trump has no shills
trump is nice but I hope you don't actually believe this
>>
>>55965465
you do know that this is a board dedicated to technology related shitposting ?

>If something breaks you know enough about your system to fix it.
>What's wrong with that?

fucking everything in a production environment. thats why you use stable distros (rhel/centos or debian)
>>
>>55965854
The only shills in the trump general on /pol/ are $hillary $hills.
>>
>>55965465
But what do you want to put unnecessary work into something? I'd rather have it just werk out of the box.
>>
>>55965697
They're called enthusiasts.
None of them is getting paid to post about linux.
>>
>>55965924
Because technology is fun?
Sounds like you're on the wrong board if you don't enjoy technology.
>>
>>55965922
Probably, since /pol/ doesn't need trump shills for trump to be popular there. I thought you meant in general, not just on 4chan.
>>
>>55965465
This is what weeb neets actually believe.
>>
>>55965968
People who don't browse /pol/ like trump, not everything is a reddit circlejerk hugbox.
>>
>>55965937
I am a ex-linux whistleblower shill.
Prove to us you're not a linux shill yourself.
>>
>>55965465
t. RedHat employee
>>
>>55965999
Yes, but it's not as unanimous as on /pol/, so trump can still benefit from shills.
>>
I'm too busy doing actual work to put time into enhancing my operating system. It doesn't help that the time -> quality conversion rate is pretty abysmal.
>>
>>55965515
The funny part is that a lot of people use a computer but only a few people know how to fix a problem with them.

As for "don't have time" that is a choice you make.
We all have a different job to do, obviously you wouldn't spend all your time fixing problems if that is not your job.
But knowing how to fix an issue means you can save a lot of time.
The alternative is to call someone else, wait for them to come to you and fix it.
But if you don't know the system, you can't convey what the problem is and it will take more time to see there is a problem.

>They're especially not going to do that when options exists that does what they need out of the box without any of that bullshit.
What are you referring to here?
The computer you are given at your company?
Because then someone else spent time to set that up.
Or do you mean windows in general, because that includes a lot more bullshit, a lot more time wasted and a lot more scouring forums to learn how to set up their OS to do what you need.

If it takes you an entire weekend to setup arch, then you are a slow reader and you have never done something like that ever before.

How would you estimate the needed computer experience for one to install a legal version of windows and the applications needed?
And how long would that take someone who has never done that before?
Can you say there would be no reading involved?
No scouring of forums from clerics who has done the ritual before?

Lets say the person knows exactly what he is doing.
How long would it take then?
And how would that compare to the experienced arch user?
Does it take 2, 5 or 10 times as long to install windows in this scenario?

But I get it, you are a professional artist who moonlights as an mechanical engineer, so clearly, you need windows for the specialized software that does not have an equivalent on linux.
But if you are such a unicorn. WHY DO YOU WASTE TIME SHILLING FOR MICROSOFT?
>>
>>55966082
prove to me that you are not mentally ill.
>>
File: 1470554472117.png (849KB, 1024x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1470554472117.png
849KB, 1024x1002px
>>55966360
Was getting mad part of your plan?
>>
>>55966471
of course...
>>
>>55965465
It doesn't run the software I run. Simple as that. I would use it otherwise.
>wine/POL etc.
Doesn't work for everything, and certainly doesn't work well for many things.
>>
>>55965465
Me or devs?
>>
>>55965515
>That's the problem, most people have jobs and shit. They don't have time to spend two weeks fucking around, reading amatuer written documentation, and scouring forums to learn how to set-up their OS to do what they need.
this is wrong
at most I spent 8 hours over a few weeks customizing my installation
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.