[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am upgrading my electronics. I've stopped keeping up with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: imgres.jpg (5KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
5KB, 280x180px
I am upgrading my electronics. I've stopped keeping up with the state of things for a little while now to due to irl shit. So I'd like a little help if you would be so kind.

I currently have a HP Pavilion 11z touchscreen. I do not use the touchscreen. I want to replace it with either a Thinkpad or Latitude. I am leaning towards Latitude as I like dell (they gave me a brand new XPS rig because the motherboard to my old one still under extended warranty would take 6 weeks(or months) for them to get. So they replaced my $3k gaming desktop for free albeit under warrenty with the latest XPS. I've also worked on my coworker's Latitude which I quite liked. After all the scandals with Lenovo's consumer devices, I'm hesitant to trust a Chinese company with business devices.

I need a laptop to run the typical engineering software and modelling programs and something to code and compile on. I won't be gaming on it. I intend to buy a ATX rig for under $1k for the occasional CS game, as I don't game much, but I am becoming interested in video editing and digital coloring/drawing. Can anyone recommend a digital tablet?

I have a OnePlus One, and while I like it, I chipped the screen and no one around here can repair it and to have the company in China fix it they want $200. So fuck that. I will go back to Samsung.I had a Note 3 but the stylus was too awful to use for note taking as I hoped to use it for. I checked out the Note 5 and after seeing how it has improved, I am wanting the Note 7. Does anyone know when the S8 is estimated to release. I am undecided whether to get the Note 7, or to buy a tablet. I was thinking of just getting both after seeing how cheap the tablets are now. But as I never use the touchscreen on my current laptop, I'd really only be using the tablet to take notes on a bigger screen than the phone and to watch videos on a bigger screen when I don't have my laptop with me.

Cont:
>>
If the S8 will come out soonish, I would rather get that and a tablet than a Note 7 with or without a tablet.

So what do you guys suggest? Thinkpad or Latitude?

Recommendation on a digital tablet, and is it possible to build a decent gaming rig capable of video editing or compiling code or 3d modelling with a ATX for under $1k?

Should I wait for the S8 and get a tablet for note taking, or get a Note 7 for note taking and a tablet or without a tablet. I can't think of a real reason to get a tablet if I have a Note other than the bigger screen when I am too lazy to carry the desktop.

I also have a question I very much would like an answer to. Besides DBAN, is there any additional methods to completely erase any identification markers on a laptop to obfuscate who bought it and any other identifying remnants?

I want to buy a new laptop for school and work (thinkpad or latitude), but I'd like to use this laptop for certain activities related to the dark web, and beyond DBAN and installing Whonix, and using Tails, I'd still like the absolutely sure that there would be no way to trace this laptop back to me as I bought it was a credit card. Otherwise I might just go to a pawnshop or garage sale for a laptop and pay in cash, but if I could continue using his laptop. I'd prefer that.

I didn't get a parking pass in time so I will have to leave my car out in the pretty much open lot for the apt complex rather than the parking garage. Despite being so close to campus. I can walk two blocks to one of the worst parts of this awful city where murder and robbery are daily occurrences. The streets adjacent to my apt is always having people getting mugged as soon as it is dusk. Is there something similar to Hum I can attach to my car; I have ATT not Verizon though. It is a nice car, so I am pretty sure I am going to wake up one day with either a broken mirror and radio missing or the car missing. perhaps a simple GPS or is there better? TY
>>
It seems after a quick search, the Note 7, S8E, and a foldable Galaxy X (quite interesting), I may wait until next year to decide on the phone and simply purchase a tablet now to take notes while still using my OnePlus One.
>>
pls reply so lonely
>>
ok ill try tomorroe
>>
How about you cut down on the length, holy shit do you think people would read this?
>>
File: 1448841496139.jpg (219KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
1448841496139.jpg
219KB, 500x519px
>>55958327
VAIO Canvas Z
Note 7

Anything else is retarded.
>>
That's an awful lot of text you have there, opie
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.