[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Madly considering dropping out of med school to study what I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1468886532241.jpg (524KB, 1079x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1468886532241.jpg
524KB, 1079x1402px
Madly considering dropping out of med school to study what I've always wanted to study, programming.
1. Is programming hard?
2. What are the job prospects for a programmer?
>>
>>55957440
>job prospects
>programmer
HAHAH
>>
Don't, especially if you don't like Indians.
>>
>>55957440

1.) Not really, outside of some math that you may or may not have taken. If you don't have prior experience, I would suggest starting out with something relatively easy like Javascript, which the web uses, and then eventually work your way down to something low level like C. I would not suggest going down up to learn.

2.) Not good. It's very hard to establish yourself as a "rockstar" developer IMO where everyone wants you, and that's what 99% of companies want for some reason. It's either that or doing the risk of starting a startup.
>>
>>55957440
I don't recommend dropping out of medical school. There will always be need for doctors, but for programmers, not so much. You'll have much more respect as a doctor than as a programmer.
>>
>>55957485
>>55957466
lol

>>55957440
if u can program well u can get a job easy
especially if u arent socially retarded
>>
>>55957521
t. pajeet
>>
>>55957482
>I would not suggest going down up to learn.
Could you explain further?
>>55957485
>You'll have much more respect as a doctor
This is partly why I decided to study medicine. But I can tell you with certainty, if you don't enjoy studying this, every day of med school will feel like hell. At this point respect is the last thing in my priorities list. I want to be able to enjoy what I study. It would be awesome to build a new 4chan, for example.
>>
>>55957440
It's better to work in a field other than just programming because you'll get more respect. Programming can be used in almost every field out there now so why not med+programming?
Also how would you know if you always wanted to study programming if you have never tried it? Do it for fun before actually dropping med school.
>>
do whatever will make you the most money. fuck anyone who says anything else unless they started in their field at age 10.
>>
>>55957548
This is partly why I decided to study medicine. But I can tell you with certainty, if you don't enjoy studying this, every day of med school will feel like hell. At this point respect is the last thing in my priorities list. I want to be able to enjoy what I study. It would be awesome to build a new 4chan, for example.

As much as I love your optimism, you will never enjoy programming for work related things.
>>
>>55957548
>It would be awesome to build a new 4chan, for example.
Then programming is the last thing you should be studying.
>>
>>55957548

A computer has a ton of abstractions that hide how it works so you can build upon a base layer/set of tools and expand upon that. The base layer for most computers is C and POSIX, which is hard to learn if you have never bothered to work with a computer beyond its normal functions of doing rudimentary stuff like browsing, image editing, program installation, and ricing your OS on a GUI aspect.

Starting from Javascript is easier because it hides a lot of the low level details from you and handles all the stuff you would not want to write or care about as a beginner.
>>
>>55957440
I guess I'll be the first to ask, source?
>>
>>55957641
Just type into google "smug loli cunt" and you will probably find it
>>
File: 1470269323174.png (334KB, 974x680px) Image search: [Google]
1470269323174.png
334KB, 974x680px
>>55957605
>you will never enjoy programming for work related things.
God damn, that's exactly what I think about this profession. Understanding how the body works and how it doesn't is actually kind of interesting, but when you're facing hundreds of patients per week it's extremely tolling.

>>55957637
Ahh I see, thanks for your post. Very insightful. Do you think that /g/'s torrent is useful for learning programming?
>>
>>55957685

I never tried or downloaded /g/'s torrent for programming but I can assure you the sticky's resources are pretty solid in general.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.