[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do I turn off a rasberry pi zero not connect to the internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: straightened.jpg (1MB, 2939x2204px) Image search: [Google]
straightened.jpg
1MB, 2939x2204px
So how do I turn off a rasberry pi zero not connect to the internet and without hdmi cable?

Will my sd card get corrupted if I pull out the electricity plug?

I forgot the pi zero had an mini hdmi port and I don't have an adapter

Am I fucked?
>>
>>55956262
>how do I turn off a rasberry pi zero
Pull the plug
>Will my sd card get corrupted if I pull out the electricity plug?
Never used linux before huh?
>>
Have you not even used it yet? If you haven't it should be fine if you pull the plug
>>
>>55956283
>>55956287

Ok but I keep reading everywhere that the sd card might get corrupted when the pi is not properly shutdown.

It's the first time I boot it so I can't ssh into it because is not connected to my lan

I will pull the plug I guess
>>
>>55956316
if you use a journaling filesystem (ext3 or ext4) it will be fine
>>
>>55956262
>the electricity plug
>>
>>55956945
>>55956316
>>55956287
>>55956283
It can get corrupted from pulling the plug. Even if you choose to use ext3/4 for the main partition, the boot partition *has to* use the fat filesystem because it's the only filesystem the SoC bootloader knows.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58502
>>
File: 1469303327805.jpg (67KB, 740x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1469303327805.jpg
67KB, 740x1110px
wget http://www.makememphis.com/menu

chmod 755 ./menu

./menu

I have a menu item that will let you chose the GPIO Pin to shut it down. If you want to be super safe use a 1k resistor.

Enjoy and remember 4chan4prez!
>>
>>55956262
It seems like everyones using these wrong

It's not a computer. It's a neural enhancer you're supposed to take a suppository. Ever wonder why all those scifi characters never had any gear on them for enhancements? It's all in the butt. Follow the anus anon. Follow the anoos
>>
Pull the plug for now, but if you're really that worried then follow the directions in this link for the future.
http://www.raspberry-pi-geek.com/Archive/2013/01/Adding-an-On-Off-switch-to-your-Raspberry-Pi
>>
>>55957996

Under what circumstances would the boot partition be under modification when the power is yanked?
>>
>>55958162
It would be mounted when the power is yanked. You could probably set it up to unmount the boot partition automatically after it boots though, but that's something you'd have to do manually before yanking the power cord since it's not like that by default.
>>
>>55958298
Will having a non journaled partition mounted, with no writing going to it, while the power is yanked, corrupt it, under any circumstances?
>>
File: 1470285462069.jpg (274KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1470285462069.jpg
274KB, 720x1280px
>>55956262
Pulled the plug too many times, more than I should have actually. My Pi 2 is completely fine.
>>
>>55956262
even with no monitor you can safely assume a pi will boot and ask for a UN and password. It's always the same. just log in and type sudo shutdown now.
>>
>>55958418
though i will say my wifi adapter helps me since it blinks a certain way when it's starting up, connected, and shutting down so i can gauge what my pi is doing.

I haven't connected my pi to any monitor in a while. It's way to easy to just ssh into it instead of having to plug in everything.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.