[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the next step in phone technology? Wristwatch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 960x0[1].jpg_fit=scale.jpg (47KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
960x0[1].jpg_fit=scale.jpg
47KB, 960x640px
So what's the next step in phone technology? Wristwatch based holographic projector with a touch interaction, a piece connected to the head that uses brain waves to control the device, etc.?
>>
>>55953469
Flexible screens, 3-4 inch which can roll out to 8 inch or somethink like that. As far as I remember flexible batteries exist too so yeah that.
>>
File: 1456723534642.png (56KB, 209x248px) Image search: [Google]
1456723534642.png
56KB, 209x248px
digital assistants that aren't pure shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ONXea0mXg
>>
>>55953505
Why though?

I just want a screen that's bright enough to clearly see when it's super sunny out. Current screens do OK, but not good enough, it's sunny almost every day here.
>>
>>55953585

color e-ink display that refreshes at rates comparable to today's phones
>>
>>55953585
Why not? Phone inovations do not need to make sense and makng it big is fashion.
>>
>>55953469
Smartphones haven't exactly radically changed much since their conception. You'll just see further improvements to the underlying hardware (faster processors, longer battery life, more accurate sensors, etc...).

Honestly, I think smartphones are kind of stagnating now because they've reached the "good enough" point so you see only marginal upgrades every generation. I'm hoping that phone-based VR systems will at least push the industry towards significant performance gains in the next couple generations.
>>
>>55953585
Nokia did a neat thing with the Lumia phones where it would not only increase the screen brightness in direct sunlight, but also change the contrast on the fly to make it actually really easy to interact and see what was going on with the display. I never realized how big of a difference that made until I switched to my current phone which only adjusts brightness - it's a huge downgrade in terms of bright light usability.
>>
>>55953469
*wristwatch based holographic projector that projects a high def image that can be interacted with by touch
That might solve the issue with people losing their phone or breaking it by dropping it on the ground but as a fashion accessory that doubles as a phone, it really increases your odds of getting robbed since you wouldn't usually be hiding it in your pocket like you should be doing when walking around urban areas.
>>
>>55953912
>holographic projector

Would be more realistic to just hard wire it into you optical cortex and overlay the image on top of your eye sight.
>>
>>55953951
But then you'll increase your chance of being kidnapped or killed by harvesters and having it ripped out so they can sell it on the black market.
>>
File: boardroom.jpg (1MB, 2085x1440px)
boardroom.jpg
1MB, 2085x1440px
>>55953469
SEVEN
POINT
FIVE
INCHES
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.