[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might be too related to personal technology but I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: screenshot.png (26KB, 396x175px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
26KB, 396x175px
This might be too related to personal technology but I thought I'd ask here before I go further with my investigation.

Long story short I recently bought a premade desktop which is supposed to have an r9 370 gpu inside it. I happened to look at my amd settings and noticed pic related, that only a 200 series card is in my machine.

Before I go calling the retailer/manufacturer, is there any possibility that a 300 series could show up as a 200 series?
>>
>>55953247
Why don't you open up the computer and look inside retard
>>
>>55953306

I don't want to void my warranty.
>>
>>55953247
>devide manager
>dysplay adapter
>identifies my 380x as 380 series
>>
>>55953342

I've checked using device manager, dxdiag and even the benchmark utility in doom 4. Should I assume I without a doubt have a 200 series card and it's not just an error displaying the wrong number?
>>
>>55953404
A 370 is a 270 in a new box.
But if it's the case maybe you got scammed.
Do you want to shitstorm over it is up to you.

AFAIK my 380 is also a 280 but is identified as 380
>>
This is what you get for buying a prebuilt PC.

If they say the warranty is void by opening it, holy fuck.

Anyways, just get Speccy or some such utility and check it with that. Hopefully it tells you what you need to know.

If not, don't be a pussy and void the useless HP warranty.
>>
>>55953318
kek
kill yourself
>>
>>55953681

both companies involved are pretty big so I don't think I'll have to do do much more than ask nicely for it to be corrected. It'll probably take a couple hours on the phone though if I keep getting bounced between the two. I'm Canadian and all our prices are awful so the price jump from a 270 to a 370 is more significant than in the US. If I'm not getting the exact product I paid for then I'd rather not have the cost inflated because they advertised a more expensive card.

>>55953714

It was convenient and on sale plus I was planning on building something similar anyway. I'm going to change the gpu once this is sorted out and maybe the psu and it'll be pretty similar to what I wanted originally.

Thank you for the help all
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.