[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programming jobs suck dick. Web dev jobs suck. IT probably sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 14

File: image_8.jpg (93KB, 890x467px) Image search: [Google]
image_8.jpg
93KB, 890x467px
Programming jobs suck dick.
Web dev jobs suck.
IT probably sucks less because it's easy.

Is the path to happiness a slacker job?

Why does working suck so much dick.
>>
Go work in some coal mines
>>
>>55950243
Why would I do that? I already know working sucks.
>>
>>55950243
Go suck dick
>>
>>55950254
so that you know what actual hard work is
>>
become amish
>>
File: 4915015-considering+suicide.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
4915015-considering+suicide.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
>>
>go to IT trade show
>90% middle aged men with soft bodies and guts hanging over their belts
>all leading meaningless suburban lives

this isn't what i signed up for

this is exactly what i signed up for
>>
>>55950327
That sounds pretty great desu senpai
>>
Life sucks dick senpai
>>
>>55950232
You're just lazy.
>>
>>55950232
just make an indie video gaem and become rich :^)
>>
I hope so, I gave up on the idea of getting a CS job a couple weeks ago. Just gonna settle for IT since that's all I can probably get anyway.

Don't have anything really to put on my resume though.
>>
>>55951821
That doesn't make programming jobs suck any less.
>>
There are plenty of devs that enjoy their job.

You're just a bitter loser.
>>
just get a sysadmin job,
do nothing all day and just chill
>>
>>55950232
CIA?
>>
>>55952116
Only children and autistics desu.
>>
>>55952131
elaborate further
>>
>>55952179
He does look like a pretty big guy...
>>
>>55952222
>Sysadmin
>your job is to fix shit when it breaks, and implement new things when needed
>do things right the 1st time so they don't break
>spend the day waiting for shit to break
>>
>>55950232
The biggest thing is to figure out a platform and market that you enjoy working in. I don't believe anybody likes every kind of programming job… there's a niche for every kind of programmer. It is however entirely possible that you just hate programming entirely, in which case you should look at other fields.

For instance, I think I would probably go batshit insane if my job were to build enterprise applications in Java for the glacial corporate market. It'd drain my soul and I'd hate my job. This is why I instead work for companies in the consumer sector, where the products are far more interesting, the technology is always moving, and I can use languages I enjoy working with.
>>
>>55952250
TELL ME ABOUT THE CIA GUY
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE CARGO PANTS
>>
>>55951902
you're joking but this is my dream
>>
>>55950232
There are 2 reasons why you would thinkthat
> A:The hardest work you ever did or saw was playing with your own nuts
> B:You are straight up retarded and simply not qualified for the jobs

Yeah, programming can be boring sometimes but so are the majority of the other jobs. But at least you get paid decently and you dont have to work in conditions that would make Auschwitz look like summer camp
>>
File: 120501lenin.gif (76KB, 375x313px) Image search: [Google]
120501lenin.gif
76KB, 375x313px
>programming is boring
The solution is to make it interesting. Make the next big virus that devastates the world.
>>
>>55952216
Wow, so apparently if you enjoy programming, you are autistic.

These are the swag bros that are infesting CS / software development now. Jesus christ lord have mercy on us.
>>
>>55950232
>another failed CS student who wasn't good enough to even get a web dev job

Tbh senpai you couldn't project harder. There are plenty of people (myself included) who love their jobs programming. Also sucking dick isn't too bad of a job, you might like that. Kinda sucks dick though
>>
The problem is that creating anything for someone else is naturally degrading, draining, sluttery. There's no solution to it.
>>
>>55950232
>Why does working suck so much dick.
Your parents probably didn't require much of you growing up, so you never had to work for anything.

That's why it's a good idea to have kids work fast food or something similar for a first job. It shows you that you'd rather not do that for the rest of your life.
>>
>>55952760
>degrading
>sluttery
Only because you have been preconditioned by a lifestyle of gaming that you think work is this sinister thing
>>
>>55952818
Working fast food or some shitty job as a kid is way funner than working as an adult.
>>
>>55952883
Well yeah, since you likely don't work more than 25 hours a week and get to use that money for whatever you want.

Still, just spending a few summers at Taco Bell with some sad individuals was a strong motivator to move my life along.
>>
File: bane[1].jpg (23KB, 189x255px) Image search: [Google]
bane[1].jpg
23KB, 189x255px
>>55952528
Programming is not for everyone, and it's an overheated market.
>>
>>55952881

Jesus kid. The world has deluded you if you really think this. Look at Mark Zuckerfag, this guy gets told "dawg join a company it's the way to go." He says fuck that, makes his own company worth billions. You're a literal cuck, but it's alright. So is the majority of the world.
>>
try to learn C++ like a madman and you'll either fail, quit and kill yourself or be among the chosen ones and have no time to contemplate how much your life sucks
>>
>>55953026
>overheated market
if it was overheated the salaries wouldn't be so high

the truth is that even the massive amounts of skilled immigration can't supply enough people
>>
>>55951925
I'm the same
>>
>>55952939
I work in a dishroom and if I got paid decently I would drop,out right away it's really easy no stress no responsibility and I get unlimited free food
>>
>doing IT support for 15 different SMB's.
>no uniformity in their environments, everyone uses different products and you must learn them all
>no down time
>have to drive from place to place
>have one coworker that's been doing it for 25 years and can solve issues that take me 30 minutes in under 5 minutes
>feel depressed, overworked and stupid
I pray for death /g/.
>>
>>55952551
No, these are the people who tried to be devs and couldn't do it. Can't deal with being a failure? Lash out at the thing you tried so hard to be.
>>
IT job at data center offered to send me to coding boot camp to join the development department. I miss the comfort of my old job but love how the new job is just a bunch of logic puzzles all day. One day I may go back or I'll just learn PowerShell and bash and find a position to fit.
>>
>>55950232
Retail can be fun and easy depending on where you work.

I use to work at walmart a few years ago and my job consisted of literally talking to hot chicks all day.
>>
Is everyone here a super passionate genius that's good at everything? Sure seems like it.
>>
>>55950266
this

>used to be manual labor outside
>have worked in temperatures ranging from 90F to -21F
>see people complain about their office jobs where they sit on a chair inside an air conditioned building

fags
>>
>>55954753
Thats a grass is greener sort of thing.

Office work is it's own little hell, Death by a thousand razors so to speak.
>>
Working hourly as a freelance sysadmin is awesome. I don't live paycheck to paycheck, so I don't give a shit about the security of a salary based job because I do not take on needless debt. I get to pick and choose clients, and I tend to keep my workload under 20 hours/week. My only advice to others that want to freelance is go ahead, suck it up and rent a small office space somewhere and conduct your actual work there. Never mix home and work.
>>
>>55954753
Agree. Used to work for a horse trainer literally shoveling shit out of stalls and pastures, fixing fences, doing other horse related bullshit. Went to school for Comp Sci to avoid ever having to work a labor job ever again.

>>55954787
>Grass is always greener

Work an office job and get your manual labor kicks on the weekend doing yardwork/household DIY/personal projects.
>>
Has anyone here ever messed up at their jobs?
>>
>>55954866
>comp sci degree
enjoy your unemployment, you cannot compete with poo loos.
>>
>>55954895
All the time.
>>
>>55955021
What have you done? How did you recover? My coworkers are so fucking perfect it's unbelievable.
>>
>>55950232
I'm hoping to switch jobs soon. I expect to take a 50% pay cut, but to work on more interesting things with better people.

Can't put a price on happiness.
>>
>>55954746
Employers expect you to be "passionate" about their businesses. It's absurd.
>>
>>55954654
I love the "IT is easy" meme

Its only as easy as you make it. But it won't ever make you incredibly rich.
>>
>>55955039
I've accidentally wiped databases, I've destroyed testing environments, I've broken the build, I've been releasing packages to production that were subtly broken for years without anybody noticing, I've pretty much broken everything.

Just been learning from my mistakes and hopefully not repeating them.
>>
>>55955069
It seems like everyone here is passionate though.
>>
>>55955069
Why do you not enjoy being a slave anon? Your not a communist are you?
>>
This is why you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

>pursuing a degree in electronic and computer engineering
>can theoretically get jobs as an electronic, electrical or computer engineer when I graduate. Will have a very broad knowledge of the three areas
>practice excel in my spare time, combined with sound knowledge of java and python I should be able to make it into the financial services sector if I choose to, have already interned at a major financial company
>network constantly
>fluent in three languages
>was captain of my school basketball team, volunteer at a homeless shelter every week
>work as a waiter at the weekends to try cure my autism (slowly getting there)
>some model work on occasion for extra money and a confidence boost

I'm not a naturally gifted programmer or anything like that, I was always very good at most subjects but not gifted at anything in particular. I was good at math and physics, even though my best subject was actually French. My IQ is in the mid 130s.

I knew the money was in STEM but I didn't want to do civil or mechanical engineering as they seemed like they could decline in the future and they bore the fuck out of me. I wanted to do quantitive finance but I decided an engineering degree would be more valuable. I thought more about the SKILLS I would acquire than the specific degree title. The growth of the financial technology sector makes me happy with what I've chosen.

http://wallstreetplayboys.com/follow-your-skills-not-your-dreams/
>>
>>55955075
It can if you have ambition or talent. You either get promoted to CIO / CTO or start your own company or obtain a very specialized skill set that lets you command a large salary. If you stay doing helpdesk and shit then you're right, it wont. But thats not the fault of the IT field... if you stay doing entry level shit in any field you'll go no where.
>>
>>55955075
>DUDE IT'S SO EASY LMAO UNLIKE PROGRAMMING

Besides troubleshooting difficult issues, you have managers and other higher ups literally breathing down your neck while you're working on the issue. With some SMB's the boss/manager/whatever is right there following you around while you're troubleshooting.
>>
>>55954738
>Retail can be fun and easy depending on where you work.
shitty ass crop very much related
>>
File: costco.png (2MB, 1719x1410px) Image search: [Google]
costco.png
2MB, 1719x1410px
>>55955139
so shitty i didn't even attach it lel
>>
>>55955127
I'm literally not good at anything though. I'm a naturally incompetent and lazy person. How I've made it in IT so long I will never know.
>>
File: hacked.png (81KB, 1240x503px) Image search: [Google]
hacked.png
81KB, 1240x503px
In here be nerds?

what the fuck is this file? I'm being hacked and files like this keep appearing on my web server.
>>
>>55955127
>I wanted to do quantitive finance
Did you invent it?
>>
>>55955183
>naturally lazy and incompetent

that doesn't exist. You might have had a shitty childhood that made you like that but it's definitely not something you can't overcome.

My mother is one of the most incompetent, lazy and useless people I've ever met.
>>
>>55955225
Obfuscated code.
>>
File: 1470265025883.png (261KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470265025883.png
261KB, 707x1000px
>>55955225
replace eval() with print() and show us the output.
>>
>>55955229
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_finance

>also known as quantitative finance

???

it was a typo
>>
>>55955225
Probably a shell, update your WordPress plugins, check your server logs.
>>
I grew up loving computers n' shit, whatever, "knowing" that I'd get a job in some tech-related field.

But here I am now. I'm still quite passionate about it all, but I cannot stand the idea of doing it for a living. In my free time sure, messing around, doing my own personal projects here and there - but as my daily job? desu i detest the idea of being in your typical office enviroment, being "that" tech guy, sitting behind a computer. I'd imagine it would become very draining.

And now I'm fucked 'cause I don't really know what else to do.
>>
>>55955183
Sounds like a great fit for IT.
>>
>>55955139
oh my god. is getting a job there competitive?
>>
>>55955471
xD

What do you do for a living?
>>
File: 1459213707449.gif (316KB, 403x447px) Image search: [Google]
1459213707449.gif
316KB, 403x447px
>>55955465
Working at a software company, or anywhere tech drives revenue is a pretty good deal. The only time you are going to be "that IT guy" is (1) if you don't have many skills and you are forced to fix printers or (2) if you are doing low-rung work at a company who views any sort of infrastructure and IT as a cost center neither of which you want to get into unless perhaps it is finance.

Doing systems and software "engineering" for tech companies in my opinion was a good time for a while, but I won't lie and tell you that I'm not already feeling burnout at 25-26 years old.

In my case technology isn't the problem, but rather that I get bored when forced to do something day in and day out, even if the job is good knowing I have to get up and go there is almost unbearable and how much money I make doesn't seem to have an affect on these feelings... and this is something I used to enjoy as a hobby prior to pursuing the career.

Follow your skills anon, at the very least it is better than doing something silly for minimum wage.
>>
>>55950327
>this isn't what i signed up for
>this is exactly what i signed up for
Huh?
>>
File: thatfeelwhen.png (42KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelwhen.png
42KB, 645x773px
>>55955621
>The only time you are going to be "that IT guy" is if you don't have many skills and you are forced to fix printers

>tfw that's literally me

I do have AD and networking skills but most of my day involve removing viruses and troubleshooting printers. I am literally an IT monkey unlike the geniuses here.
>>
>>55955696
The good news is it is easy to move away from that if you want to. What got me into large scale roles debugging code and submitting patches back to service teams was just getting a grasp on GNU/Linux and following the ride.

Unless you really dig windows, you can still do ok but I don't know anything about that world. If you can program, especially debugging, and you are good with Linux then it is just a matter of finding the right job but in many areas it won't take long to reach 6 figures.

Another thing to consider is that anxiety/stress is causing me to lose some hair, get acid reflux and have somewhat high blood pressure at a young age on top of depression. If you aren't stressed daily then I'd call that a win.
>>
>>55955774
I don't have that level of motivation or skill. I need to find another career but I'm too old.
>>
>>55955621
I understand your perception of "that it guy" clearly, but I meant more in a general way of life, you know? Like, your work life, and by extension yourself, is bound to a computer, no matter how interesting the problems at hand may be. You're bound to a screen, to a specific environment, etc.

It probably sounds like I'm spewing bs, but I just cant find the proper words to articulate myself right now, being nearly 2am and all.
>>
File: 1464483090763.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1464483090763.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
>>55955696
Programming sucks too, you just get paid more.

I want to create something of my own but constantly working/worrying about money has drained me of enthusiasm and creativity. Literally soulsucking.

It will probably go on like this until I'm just a husk.
>>
>>55955792
How old? If you don't mind starting over I don't think truly too old exists, especially going out of tech.

>>55955793
Yeah I get that. I don't know a solution. I spend a lot of time on my computer as it is my job and my hobby but I work with guys who are all aobut cars or fitness or buddhism or whatever. You are only bound to a computer at work, and whenever you want to continue to learn on your own outside of that. Nothing says you can't do other things.
>>
>>55955836
>>
>>55954895
I have and the bug was released to all customers. When the bug was reported it felt like a train ran over me. But do you know what I did? I stayed at work and fixed my mistake. That day I worked until 10 p.m.
It was the least I could do.

Hopefully I wont make the same mistake again.
>>
>>55955878
I'm 25. Do you want to switch away from tech, and if so into what? Switching between roles in the same industry is a little easier but I would say you are young enough although going back to school would be a little tough at this point, just financially assuming you still have loans, but outside of that I don't see why not.
>>
How important is it really to network?
If I cared about what other people are interested in, I'd be some worthless normie watching soccer all evening after coming home from a manual labor job, sipping beer and then fucking a fat nagging wife after the children are asleep.
I don't want to be that.
I basically don't have any common interests with my parents and I don't care, I just want to be a programmer while pursuing my hobbies and shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>55956021
It's important. Capitalism makes a whore of us all.
>>
File: Wallpaper1.jpg (144KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper1.jpg
144KB, 2560x1080px
>>55950232
>>55950232

The biggest part of succeeding at plan called LIFE is to be the guy you always wanted to be, not for others, but for yourself. If you don't want to become a doctor then don't do it, don't count on bringing friends with you, or following them on their career paths, make your own decisions. Creativity, intelligence and ambition, that's all it takes to have an unique job that will make you high on life, just make sure you don't crash and save up, always have a master plan for the future. Like I said be yourself, don't put on a mask and don't throw your ideas out of the window before shooting them down just because some hothead tells you how to live. Trust me, trying to pull off your dreams won't kill you, imagine your potential is a fire and let it rise anon! But in the end I'm just a random stranger on a big imageboard, so you might think I've said nothing, nothing at all that actually helps you in any way.
>>
>>55956149
Something about this post just bothers me.
>>
>>55956149
This is poetic, because it started with CIA guy.

>The fire rises
>>
>>55956149
Holy fuck I just had to watch that scene again to catch on all subtle quotes. /tv/ sure is leaking.
>>
>>55954654
IT gets easier with every year. Problems evolve and so do environments. I work for a company that has around 100 active environments that we manage. Same exact kinds of problems you have. 25 help desk guys including myself and a handful of field techs. Talk about stress. IT won't make you rich but you will gain a wealth of knowledge. There are plenty of companies just like yours and mine. Just make a move and tweek a good resume. You can make a pretty decent wage.
>>
>>55954865
What do you do for insurance or retirement?
>>
>>55954917
>Implying poo loos can do anything higher than low level I.T
>>
>>55956807
Finance hires poo in loo devs. Retards control your career path. Get used to it.
>>
So, about to start my second year of getting a CS degree. Trying to plan for the future; I want to find a field that allows me to do creative/artistic work in addition to all the lovely programming and tech problem solving.

Is Web dev probably my best bet?
>>
You work 10 to 15 years as an employee and after that you start building your own thing. That's the way competent people find meaning in their IT jobs.
>>
>>55956920
No.
>>
>>55950232
I get paid $120k a year to do nothing.

I literally do nothing all day for the past 5 years.

Programming is awesome.
>>
>>55950232
>not being a career criminal

lol fucking wage cuck scum
>>
>>55954699
Fox and grapes.
>>
I used to sleep under my desk all the time, had a pillow and everything. but then i got laid off (should have been fired but w/e, they paid 3 months severance so i was stoked) then i hired into a way better company and got interested in what i was doing. then a few friends hired me for a startup several years ago. now i'm busy af and have about 20 people reporting to me. late night drinking with the ceo discussing the algorithms that will define our future, having to make hard decisions about hiring, its intense and stressful but i don't think i could ever go back to sleeping under the desk (i've set up nap spaces for that, but what i mean is going back to just slacking off).

I don't have much advice. In fact this was mostly just to brag about myself. But, like me back then, I imagine you are pretty depressed. You probably need to get yourself laid off and find a better gig. There is surprising variance in what you can experience from one job to the next, and don't assume they are all just like the bullshit you are going through.
>>
>>55953195
Not everyone can be a business owner. If you don't have some reasonable assumption that you've a business idea that will get you success, its quite wise not to endeavour to start a business; else you'll just be one of those myriad defunct startups before you've even set off.
>>
>>55957807
jelly
>>
>>55957807
fucking explain
>>
>>55956920
not cs, interactive media or some shit like that is what you want to study
http://engineering.nyu.edu/academics/programs/integrated-digital-media-ms
?
>>
>>55950232
No.
Because you're literally an unintelligent asshole.
>>
>>55959163
no u
>>
>>55950232
start with helpdesk, you'll sit on your ass all day playing gaymes
>>
>>55959280
Is it really like that? I was looking at jobs so I could stop selling drugs but everything i saw looked soul sucking.

I'm at the point I'm weighing up prison rather than be a waiter or something...

Anyway I've got the relevant qualifications to do help desk stuff but I don't wanna have to top myself.
>>
>>55959485
How will you shitpost from prison?
>>
>>55959511
It's easy I've been before when I was still underage, phones are easy to get
>>
>>55955127
How excel and java/phyton will help me enter to the financial services sector?
What skills I have to develop?
>>
>>55952131
Sysadmin here. That is sage advice for being a worthless sydadmin. They do exist and get paid handsomly. My problem is that I actually give a shit and try to learn on my own, which makes work suck.
>>
>>55959485
Beinf a waiter is more enjoyable than working in tech desu.
>>
>>55955127
Interesting article.
>>
Don't have a degree. What should I do?
>>
>>55959799
Respind
>>
>>55961112
kys irl LOL
>>
>>55961430
So you a fag
>>
I've had an internship in a firm which developed web applications for large companies and what bothers me is that every day was the same.

E.g. if you are a pianist, you would play in different locations and meet new people, work on different projects.
If you are a teacher, you are always around people and even though it could be boring, there is always something new to hear or see.
But with office jobs like software development, what I've seen is that every day is the same for those people.

Barely any communication. Everyone has headphones. They come to work every day and continue solving some bug or adding a few dozen lines of code.

There is nothing but sitting and staring at a screen for 8+ hours a day.
>>
>>55962942
>8+ hours a day
What the fuck do you do 8 fucking hours a day coding?
I mean 8 fucking hours coding? Really?
Or they spend 2 hours or more dicking around and only 4 pr 5 hours of actuall coding?
>>
>>55962942
sounds amazing
the monotonous life is the best life
>>
>>55963134
There's a lunch break, some people just go to buy some food and come back to office to work while they are eating, others spend 1 hour max outside. Then again, some people even stay longer then 8 hours so it comes to 8 hours of coding again.

As I said, fixing bugs, writing CRUD shit (unfortunately), dicking around with literally hundreds of packages and frameworks I don't even know anymore. Doesn't look fun at all for me.

>>55963141
It depends on a person I guess. Some could find it perfect, other won't. Some guys in the work hated it but they were stuck there at that time. I personally don't like it, honestly.

So if OP said it's boring, it's not ok to say to him he is a pussyfaggot who never worked in his life. It's just not for everyone.
>>
>>55950232

It sounds like you just don't enjoy programming or web dev. Or you're just lazy.

Why don't you try doing something you actually enjoy for a living instead of chasing a high paying career in technology?
>>
>>55963314
What do you do if you realize you don't like technology anymore at all when you are already in your last year of undergraduate?
>>
>>55963195
So they work 7 hours and 1 hour of break?
Or 8 hour of work and 1 hr of break?
Are thereva lot of autist wiyhout social skills?
>>
>>55950232
life sucks

everything becomes gay after a while, I fucking hate everything

fuck all of you
>>
>>55963339
Become a truck driver or freelance and code from your house
>>
>>55963340
Yeah, you could say it's 7 hours. It depends, I already mentioned, some guys just buy food in 15 minutes and code while eating so yeah.

But still.

Not really autists, but since I don't have much exp I'm not sure how other workplaces function. There was basically no talking during the whole day. Some small chat here and there. Pretty peaceful, I almost felt like when I'm alone at home, not a fan of it though.
>>
>>55963195
What CRUD means?
>>
>>55963391
Why there are guys who work more hours than others?
You say some of them work WHILE eating and others take a one hor breake
>>
>>55963398
Create
Update
Read
Delete

usually user accounts or some shit
>>
>>55963398
"Create, Read, Update and Delete".

Basically monotonous apps for managing something. No innovative stuff going on, no maths, no physics, just classic work with databases and inserting and showing things from them. Every. Time.
>>
>>55963436
oh shit I wrote it as CURD instead
>>
File: aniki.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
aniki.png
226KB, 468x345px
>>55950232
CIA has some nice ass.
>>
>>55963434
They just want it I guess lol, idk t b h.
>>
>>55963437
>>55963436
My god... I really enjoy learning my first programing language but I dont know if this kind of way of life/job will be for me
>>
>>55963437
This crud shit makes you progress as a programmer or you get stuck?
>>
>>55963522
CRUD is easy though, I already saved CRUD procedures in several languages/framework/database type that I can just tweak if there's a need for a new CRUD system.
>>
>>55959799
>>55955127
This
>>
>>55954866
no education fag here.

literally what is different about your situation now? you're deep in debt unless you worked as you went and you're making how much now?

You could have worked at mcdonalds doing less actual work than shoveling horse shit and get paid the same amount of money.
>>
File: caoserrabebe.jpg (190KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
caoserrabebe.jpg
190KB, 1024x682px
>>55956807
>im a special snowflake no one can replace me.
>>
If you're willing to actually put in the time and effort to get into a software / web dev position at a modern top ten company, you'll be making enough money amd doing enough challenging things you shouldn't care. Unless you're a lazy ass neet in which case go collect your autism bucks.
>>
>>55963546
I don't know really, as I've said, I've only got a short internship there, maybe somebody other than me could answer that question. There still is a junior-senior developer-whatever I guess. Afaik, everybody does the same shit more or less when the firm is focusing on that kind of applications. I hear the older guys in the other room talking about build tools, tests and random database shit constantly, sounds pretty boring.

Well, that's just one type of work, but afaik most of the tech jobs are like that, especially web.

I know another story, where my colleague worked as a "frontend developer", while he actually mainly built shit in wordpress, and installing commerce plugins, then tweaking the client side. Basically Pajeet meme tier. That would probably be even worse.

Or even worse types of jobs, where you do everything, i.e. manage some servers, write blogposts for marketing department, create a few generic websites per week etc.

A lot of shitty jobs exist out there.

Surely there should be some interesting things there, but I don't know about any of them in my area. Everything is CRUD more or less.
>>
>>55955127
>>some model work on occasion for extra money and a confidence boost

pix?
>>
>>55954654
>15
el oh el

try 35
>>
>>55963571
Maybe you can work 2 years in that job and then try to switch to other company with more fun/interesting shit to do?
>>
>>55963669
Quitting soon, as soon as the warranty period for one of my project ends. Already got my resignation approved.
>>
>>55963638
At least you get a decent pay, right anon? RIGHT?
>>
>>55963700
I'm still a student and this was obligatory internship, no pay. I don't have other experience so I wouldn't know t b h.
>>
>>55963738
I see, then have hope maybe you can find a better job for you in the near future
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.