[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the truth on Java, /g/? I've heard some people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Java-Tutorial-for-Beginners.jpg (290KB, 3000x2121px) Image search: [Google]
Java-Tutorial-for-Beginners.jpg
290KB, 3000x2121px
What's the truth on Java, /g/?

I've heard some people say that you should completely uninstall it in 2016, that it is a common entryway for exploits and malicious programs. But I'm not sure about this. Some things require it, so out of convenience I've left it uninstalled but I can't help but be mistrustful towards it for what I hear and some experiences in the past.

What's the skinny, huh?
>>
It's the same as with toolbars on a browser. Don't click stupid shit and understand when it might be necessary to look up at the address bar to make sure you're on the right webpage. Also, maybe get some add ons for your browser to prevent javascript from running unwanted scripts without you knowing. Even one click is enough to get some kind of file overwritten in some random folder and then all that needs to happen is for your environment to be run and bam, you just got fisted by a hacker.
>>
>>55932263
Java is NOT Javascript.
>>
>>55932236
left it installed* not uninstalled
>>
>>55932263
I don't think modern browsers allow file handling on local storage.
>>
>>55932236
You mean in browsers? Does anything use that today? Besides, you need to allow the web page to run java applet afaik (in firefox at least). Or just having java generally? Because if you run some program, it doesn't matter whether it's java, C or python, it can do whatever your privileges allow.
>>
>>55932286
Yes, but the only available pathway for anything to be written to file is through a script fielding mechanism a la javascript. My post was not linear, as intrusion is not linear. It requires a sense of synchrony, synchrony of the a- kind. You really need to stop posting just to correct people. And please don't comment that you're sick of people making the mistake. Whatever sense of credibility you field for yourself when you correct people the way you just did me, it's really only an affectation of the local mediums. Yes, I know that makes no sense to you.

>>55932302
Well then.

I haven't ever really messed with javascript, just read cryptic article after cryptic article.

^^ If that's true, then really it was always just about not having the program gain local access. Java, the program, that is. At this point it would just be pointless to argue the sentiment that Java could be kept separate from the rest of the computer considering it's so bound to the core functionality of one, a computer.

My guess is that it's just one of the other Indian owned companies trying to gain leverage in a market where the breadth of programming technology has been hoisted by a single group and sold as a herald (Oracle). It's part of a merketing battle.
>>
Java and javascript are two completely different things
>>
Read this:
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/32822/security-of-jvm-for-server

Java is only dangerous if you have a JVM running dangerous code on your computer. Applets are dead though and other client side Java is pretty much dead as well (if you don't count Android and major trusted software like Eclipse and Oracle SQL Developer).
>>
File: ow.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
ow.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>55932500
Pic related, the post.
>>
>>55932633
thanks anon!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.