[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /g/, I'd post this in /sqt/, but this can't be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: face.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
Okay /g/, I'd post this in /sqt/, but this can't be a stupid question.

I've been racking my brain here for hours. Since this is a long story I'll skip the bullshit and get straight to the tl:dr

I have a few init scripts that use GNU screen. Neither of them are working. The way they aren't working is different. Both operate fine if run after boot. If run during boot, one of these (irssi) seems to run, but terminates unexpectedly. By the time I can log in, there's no proof that it was running in the first place save for a single line in /var/log/boot.log claiming the daemon started successfully.

The second (discord musicbot) creates the screen and doesn't terminate prematurely, but whenever it's run at boot, the socket file is deleted, resulting in my inability to access it.

The irssi script worked fine until some time after I tried adding the other script.

Please help me figure this shit out /g/. I'll stop shitposting for a month

pic unrelated
>>
>>55926786
tldr
>>
>>55926789
;__;
TL;DR: screen init scripts fucking up. pls help
>>
>>55926786
May wanna ask Lain, she seems to know more about these things than /g/.

Honestly, I have no idea as to why the scripts would terminate themselves, this shit works fine for me. Maybe write a single script to exec them post-boot? It seems that the problem was just having both of them run at boot time.
Hope I could help :/
>>
>>55926889
I've tried disabling both in different fashion.

I managed to find that screen-cleanup seems to be causing the issue with the musicbot one. disabling it fixed the problem, but irssi still doesn't want to start
>>
File: Screenshot_20160803-112923.jpg (157KB, 1236x748px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160803-112923.jpg
157KB, 1236x748px
>>55926926
I'll state it again, may want to ask Lain. They know more about his kind of stuff. Also, I assume you have searched "irssi not running at boot" or some such string? I don't really know what else to say, besides just spit balling shit that more than likely won't work. It has to be something specific with your other GNU screen scripts, so I'd try process of elimination with those. None of my boottime scripts have ever failed :/
>>
>>55927021
I just figured it out, or at least I fixed the problem.

Some script that was running after irssi was causing the issue. Setting irssi to start last fixed the issue.

Doing the same to the musicbot (which placed it after screen-cleanup) fixed the other issue.

Also I figured when you said Lain, you were being an asshole and telling me to ask my waifu. Lainchan is slow as fuck, and most of the userbase overlaps with /g/ IIRC

At any rate consider this issue solved
>>
>>55927057
>At any rate consider this issue solved
Alright then.

Thread locked ;^)
>>
>>55927057
Also I'm only suggesting Lain so that it might speed up a bit :v) And I'm glad you figured out the issue, friend
>>
Why not use systemd? It gives you more insight why your service failed to load.
>>
Let's all love Lain!
>>
>>55927065
Please delete his post so that NOBODY will ever find the solution. Thanks
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.