[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to prank my friend by downloading windows 98 on his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: imgres.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
So I want to prank my friend by downloading windows 98 on his computer. Will this fuck everything up?
>>
Are you Jared Leto?
>>
>>55921568
It wont boot unless your friend's computer is more than a decade old.
>>
>>55921587
no
>>
>>55921602
oh ty def not a decade old
>>
Go to bed Stephen.
>>
windows is backwards compatible. it will be fine
>>
>>55921568
fakeupdate.net
/thread
>>
Would you be willing to pay for something? I can hook up with some very nice software that I created to fool with your friends.
You can make his disk drive eject every few seconds, spam caps lock, crash his PC, give him a blue screen of death.
All which won't do harm to the computer.
>>
If it's not fucking ancient, I'm not sure if it'll work. You could install a VM and just turn off his monitor though.
>>
>>55921568
Maybe im just silly but you could just put a Dos boot disc into the disc drive, turn off the boot prompt, and go into bios to boot from disc first (it usually does anyway but maybe i just oldfag) so of he doesnt know any better like most you newfags hell just be staring at the good ol " C:_ "
>>
>>55921568
>Will this fuck everything up?
absolutely

>>55921602
this

Mostly because of ram and disk being way larger than 98 was made to comprehend, rather than drivers.
If you can get the computer to boot in normal BIOS mode, limit the amount of RAM recognized (like, , and you'd partition the disk with gparted and a relatively small partition, you could maybe do it.

this'll be useful if OP bothers http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/333688.html

>>55922596
this
freedos boot floppy or CD
dunno if you can boot from USB with it
>>
>>55921568
tbqh it probably wont even install.

if it even boots at all it will be hilarious.
>>
File: 1313192089468.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1313192089468.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>55921568
If you really want to be a dick, install windows 10.
>>
>>55921568
Windows 98 won't boot on a computer with more than 2gb or ram, fucking hell not even the gpu drivers will exist for it.
>>
>>55922082
>fakeupdate.net
The windows10 one could trigger my buddy hard.
>>
>>55921568
Just run it fullscreen with virtualbox.
>>
>>55921568
If you want "lulzers old OS" go for NT 4.0 with the BearWindows slipstream (http://bearwindows.zcm.com.au/winnt4.htm). Still old and mostly useless, plus it'll boot.
>>
Use Rufus to create a bootable USB of Last Measure OS, plug the USB into the back of his computer, set the USB's boot priority over the hard drive.
>>
>>55921568
Just downloading will not be enough.
To be able to boot, maintain and execute something, you still have to do stuffs
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.