[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you completely power off internal drives without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1441272674050.jpg (34KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1441272674050.jpg
34KB, 250x250px
How the fuck do you completely power off internal drives without removing the cable that goes to the supply?
>>
Use CDM.
>>
>>55913415
CDI actually.
>>
>>55913426
Why? It just checks my S.M.A.R.T
>>
>>55913431
Bing it.
>>
>>55913597
Crystal Disk Info is a tool to check the drive's S.M.A.R.T.

are you drunk?
>>
Sudo hdparm -y /dev/sd(a1/b1/c1/whatever)
>>
>>55914143
>lincucks
>>
>>55913610
https://hddcaddy.eu/prevent-hard-drive-spinning-down-and-up-with-crystaldiskinfo/
>>
>>55913400
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>55914269
OP doesn't want to spin down the drives. He wants to completely shut it off until it needs to be used again.
>>
>>55914310
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa series.
>>
>>55914588
It's actually Mukuro, her sister
>>
>>55913400
You power off the supply.
Then you go outside.
Have a wonderful day anon.
>>
>>55914588
>>55914605
thanks
>>
>>55913400
>How the fuck do you completely power off internal drives without removing the cable that goes to the supply?
Pretty easy, get an external SAS JBOD enclosure and attach it to a managed PDU. Now you can power on/off your hard drives without unplugging cables.
>>
>>55914919
Forgot to include that the enclosure should have a SAS expander as well. Because i'm assuming you dont have SAS disks, and SATA is only rated for 2 meters with shielded cables, which need to include the cables inside the enclosure as well.
>>
>>55913400
Cant you just unmount them?
>>
>>55913400
Buy a motherboard with this functionality.
>>
>>55913400
D E S P A I R
>>
>>55914154
>hurr durr look at me guize I'm retarded
gratz, you got attention. now fuck off
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.