[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm regretting upgrading to the Win10 anniversary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1234.png (87KB, 949x693px) Image search: [Google]
1234.png
87KB, 949x693px
I think I'm regretting upgrading to the Win10 anniversary version from the previous whatever Win10 version I had.

Spent the first 5 minutes disabling all the telemetry shit again (I still need to find a way to disable all sending of data), then they changed my default browser to shitty Edge which luckily is easy to change back to Firefox, and now this (see image)

WHY DOES STICKY NOTES NEED TO SEND USAGE STATISTICS!?
>>
File: hm.png (248KB, 519x458px) Image search: [Google]
hm.png
248KB, 519x458px
I guess the new update have a better spyware engine. .
>>
>implying FF isn't shit
>>
>>55910367
At least it's not a botnet.
>>
>>55910235
If you have the option, roll back to your previous build. If not, fix what you can then change your wi-fi to metered connection from now on so you can delay updates.
>>
>>55911146
I don't plan on rolling back, to be honest. There are a couple of good fixes that convinced me to stick, so I'll wait a few days till a telemetry disabler is available, if it isn't already.
>>
>>55910235
>I still need to find a way to disable all sending of data
Get used to it. Even if you somehow manage to find a way to block it using third party apps, it's only temporary because Microsoft will just issue another update that will re-enable that shit all over again.

Hopefully the recent threats by French authorities will force them to add better privacy tools in the future...
>>
>>55911245
Can't just give up like that.. I'll disable the telemetry shit again and again with each update.
>>
>>55911245
Wow, what a boot-licking pansy. Can't be bothered to defend himself. HAHAHA loser!
>>
>>55910235
>WHY DOES STICKY NOTES NEED TO SEND USAGE STATISTICS!?

So that the feature can be improved and gauge how and how much people use it to make further improvements.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.