[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I need your help. I'll keep it short: I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tower-gaming-desktops.png (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tower-gaming-desktops.png
29KB, 300x300px
Hey guys, I need your help. I'll keep it short:
I want to build my own gaming PC. The problem? I hardly know jack-shit about them. Obviously, I want to be able to game - like run a lot of recent games on max settings and the like. However, I also use 3D Programs to Model and Render. My budget is a MAX of 1.5k and a friend of mine has already helped me get started by picking out some recommended pieces. But I just want to double check on this. Any help's appreciated-thanks.

The list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/FZfrVY
>>
Get an i5 and and a cheaper CPU cooler like the Hyper 212. There's no need to spend $140 on a fucking cpu cooler.
>>
>>55903457
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hgQ6YJ
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/v/
>>
>>55903337
Might be late to the thread, but all in all, good taste for not knowing what you are doing, OP.

>>55903457
I agree with this anon on the fan. However, if you're on a budget, you can keep the AMD. But if you can afford it, I highly recommend the i5.

You're not a faggot, OP. Good job
>>
>>55904467
Oh, I just saw the bit on modeling and programing. In that case, DEFINITELY get the i5
>>
>>55903337
Consider changing the Seagate 3tb drive as that specific model has a high failure rate in Backblaze's infamous HDD study. Consider the the Toshiba HDD instead for about the same money: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/n2JwrH/toshiba-internal-hard-drive-dt01aca300
>>
>>55903337
>AMD CPU
>Nvidia GPU
Don't do that. AMD CPUs can't even keep up with my 6 year old Xeon. Get a 6600K, 6700K, or 5820K. Nvidia drivers crash constantly and they drop meaningful support for old cards whenever a new architecture comes out.

SSD is old and massively overpriced. My 850 Evo 256GB cost less than that.

Do you need 16GB of RAM?

Check out the Phanteks Enthoo Pro case, it's better and cheaper.

850W PSU is overkill.
>>
>>55905979
15 dong has been sent to your leader. Mr chen.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.