[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started a new job and think I do not have the experti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (67KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 500x403px
I just started a new job and think I do not have the expertise. I'm fresh out of college and panicking. I'm luckily in a training program so have some time to get up to speed.

I did not know what team I would be on until I got here and they put me on back end web services. I've never done web services before. What are some resources I could draw from (books, videos, etc) to get a grounding. I have 1-2 months to get up to speed.

The main topics are MVC pattern, Spring MVC (core, MVC, jdbc, and REST/Soap we services), http protocol, general Java webservice stuff, Junit test cases, and more (I'm copying from notes I got from my supervisor). Most of my course work was in numerical analysis, but I at least have a Java base. Please, help, I'm desperate.

I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>55900883

0. Week one and sometimes week two always sucks; you're green to their systems and will need time. That's okay.

1. Figure out what you're going to make to steer your learning. Talk with your supervisornon work that needs doing.

2. If there's a base already implemented for your feature, trace code, and in all cases take notes, and ask questions until you understand things enough to have an idea how to mold the feature from the base or to add what you want. This may take a week or more.

3. If you can, write test cases that will ultimately check correctness as you go. You want to know when you're done, you finished.

4. Code the thing.

5. Commit and/or wait for some form of code review. Fix the code based on theit suggestions, retest it, and ship it.

6. If you found mistakes or bugs along the way by others or have ideas where to go, tell your supervisor, get them cleared, goto 2. If dead end, goto 1.
>>
>web
>hard
lol
>>
>>55901220

For newbies? Yeah. Resources are kinda trash on theory and the why you do things, and there's 30 ways to do everything which is paralyzing.

Go use free code camp to pick up the basics of building stuff and codecademy to learn syntax for web, it worked for me.
>>
>>55900883
quit. kill yourself.

suicide is always an option.
>>
>>55901220
>>55901334
I'm a mathematician, not a web dev. This is scary.

>>55901182
Thank you. My supervisor seems to not want me working for at least a while and instead studying.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.