[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to hold out on Firefox >e10s multiprocess is now actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: Chromium_11_Logo.svg.png (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chromium_11_Logo.svg.png
39KB, 500x500px
>try to hold out on Firefox
>e10s multiprocess is now actually a thing
>enable it and all the magical stuff like OMTC and APZ
>still less responsive than Chromium

What's even the point of using Firefox over Chromium these days? Even with addons you're fighting a losing battle because Firefox is going to deprecate all the XUL ones soon.
>>
Once edge supports webm and userscripts firefox and chrome are finished
>>
>>55898874
Well, if there's a userscript that adds Vim keybinds to Edge then yes, really.

Isn't Edge actually faster than even Chrome these days? I read some years ago the IE team has some dead code elimination black magic in their JS engine.
>>
>>55898874
>webm
Install WebM codec for IE11 and it will work
>>
>>55898874
>no ublock for edge
>>
>>55898982
There's ABP for IE though.

Also can't you just add the Easylist etc. directing to IE/Edge's built-in "SmartScreen Filter" or whatever it's called?
>>
>>55898982
https://github.com/nikrolls/uBlock-Edge
>>
tfw no Edge for W7

IE is done for
>>
>>55898949
this?
https://www.webmproject.org/ie/
didn't work for me
>>
>>55898794
They need to scrap Gecko and get Servo rolling in all their products already.
>>
No Vimperator for it.
>>
Anyone wanna test this real quick?

>https://luscious.net/c/xxx_videos/videos/tagged/+hmv/page/1/

Click a link in new tab, then click the video and play it for 2 seconds and close tab.

Do this 10-20 times.

Then try to scroll down the page and have it scroll down all the way down.

Close all tabs, leave main firefox on. Check the task manager and see the CPU usage and memory usage.
>>
>>55899216
Vimperator is basically broken anyway with e10s.

And the author isn't going to re-write the whole thing, it seems. In a few months' time Vimperator will be obsolete and un-runnable.
>>
File: FirefoxMinimalist3.png (19KB, 513x512px) Image search: [Google]
FirefoxMinimalist3.png
19KB, 513x512px
>>55899229
What's this, another resource leak in Firefox?
>>
>>55898874
Why? What edge does that Firefox don't? Except subjective shit like "it's faster"
Can it use thousands of addons?
Is it stable (Firefox NEVER crashed for me in years after removing flash)?
It's secure and respect my privacy?
Can it have hundred of tabs open without killing your ram?
Please tell us a single reason for which edge is not a piece of shit, I'm listening
>>
>>55899263
is that logo supposed to look like a hard-on?
>>
File: FirefoxMinimalist2.png (7KB, 513x512px) Image search: [Google]
FirefoxMinimalist2.png
7KB, 513x512px
>>55899294
Yes.

Here's the original
>>
>>55898794
Chromium uses lot of process, and make a serious whorehouse in your process table.
>>
>>55899327
How is that a problem?

It's not like we're still living in the age of cooperative multitasking.
>>
>>55899283
>It's secure and respect my privacy?
Well it does only work on Windows 10, so you pretty much already know the answer to that
>>
>>55899263
>another
Its a long standing memory leak. Never fixed.

I tested it on chrome, and its not an issue over there.
>>
Chromium doesn't let me sign in the google account
>>
>>55899349
And when you want to identify the chromium processes ?
>>
>>55898794
>What's even the point of using Firefox over Chromium these days?

You don't have to deal with Chrome's shitty internal font rendering.
>>
>>55899496
Basically this. On Chrome + Windows you can still see this awful mix of ClearType, super blurry barely hinted text and 90s style jagged monochrome on the same page, while on Linux it can't choose fonts worth shit and tends to render non-English text as a jumble of several different typefaces, usually in completely different styles and apparent sizes.

Linux's lack of graphics infrastructure and sane default settings I can understand, but the Windows issues just scream "our graphics stack has so many layers nobody fucking knows what's going on in there". It took them years to get DirectWrite to work so non-Microsoft fonts didn't look like shit and I think they've only gotten started unraveling their cluster fuck.

Also, Chrome somehow caps my laptop's CPU when it's loading pages. Trying to trace the problem suggests it may be redrawing the tab throbber and somehow the entire window with it at deranged framerates,
>>
I never thought this day would come but I uninstalled Cyberfox and I'm using Edge right now. The scrolling feels like sex compared to the Firefox one and it's true that it uses less battery on my laptop, and since it got ABP as extension, I don't require more for now.
Definitely feels weird.
>>
>>55899603
>it only use abp
Or maybe you are definitely a normie
>>
>>55899216
Vimium > Vimperator
Hell even VimFX, Firefox's Vimium knockoff, is better than Vimperator.
>>
any way to disable e10s on 48.0?
that shit is eating too much ram
>>
>>55899685
Excel vimfx is better than vimium
Chrom* limitations doesn't allow extensions to work in special pages like home, new tab, settings
>>
>>55899749
Easiest method is to just install an extension. e10s is only enabled if you have zero extensions installed.

But if you have no extensions installed in the first place, why the fuck are you using firefox?
>>
>Firefox is a piece of turd
>Opera has cancerous font rendering
>Chrom* is Chrom*

I feel trapped. I can't breathe.
>>
>>55899829
multiprocess is forced now
>>
>>55899863
No it's not at least until version 51
>>
>>55899863
They literally announced that e10s would be enabled only for those users with no extensions (1% or less of users).

You can check if you have it enabled on about:support, look for "multiprocess windows".
>>
>>55899804
VimFX is really slow compared with Vimium.
>>
>>55899939
Slow in what?
If you mean scrolling you should disable smooth scrolling in Firefox settings
I'm using both and I didn't find it slower than vimium
>>
>>55899683
Or an M$ shill

I swear to god half these shill posts read like fucking magazine advertisements.
>>
>>55899683

normie lol xd reee
Nice meme faggot. I only used Stylish and a couple of other stuff on Firefox but I can live without them for now.

>>55900011
Yeah kid, everybody that's not bashing M$ it's a shill. Who knows, maybe I just tried it and found that the fucking thing works as expected.
>>
>>55900576
>2016
>running all the JavaScript that web throws at your browser
You are the meme faggot, also nice os dumbfuck
>>
>>55898874
Once edge supports linux firefox and chrome are finished
>>
i can't get webms to play on chromium WTF
>>
>>55900602
You can't even say a single reason edge is better than anything
>>
>>55900598

It made some shitty looking pages better, and allowed me to make YouTube have a dark style and have a bigger player and stuff like that. Also, it was nice to modify the UI but again, I can live without that.
>>
>>55900659
Just aesthetic shit then, I suppose you "upgraded" to windows 10 because it looks more "modern", is it correct?
How can you deny you are a worthless normie if you use your computer just for watching YouTube and your Facebook feed?
The truth hurts you?
>>
>>55899602

Font rendering on Windoze is built into the kernel iirc, which is how it ended up being weird and byzantine.
>>
File: shot2.png (62KB, 820x953px) Image search: [Google]
shot2.png
62KB, 820x953px
kek
>>
>>55898794

Unfortunately Firefox still has better addons. I need a Japanese and Chinese language addon that no one has developed for Chrome.
>>
File: 1453660315387.png (289KB, 435x438px) Image search: [Google]
1453660315387.png
289KB, 435x438px
>all the browser are try are shit and I'm getting fucking desperate

So are Opera and Vivaldi any good?
>>
>>55900860
>all the browser are try
I think I might have brain damage

I proof read that too
>>
>>55900860
>mentioning Vivaldi in browser threads

2 more grilled salmons and hot chocolates are accredited to your account, Jon Eriksson
>>
>>55900776

Not really because I don't use Facebook. I updated to Windows 10 because 8.1 was working slow and I was bored, and also curious because last time I updated to 10 I reverted due to shitty performance. But since then, my laptop has been working better desu with 10. The rest of the time I just use it for music, photography, design and gaming with friends. Almost normie I guess.
>>
>>55900928
Are you implying it's not good?
>>
>>55900806
This, I use furigana inserter on firofox, the alternative on chrome isn't the same functionality, also no dowmthemall
>>
>>55901410
No Rikaisama either. It's just shitty Rikaikun that hasn't been developed in years.
>>
firefox is very slow, holy shit
>>
>>55901429
I don't use rikaichan, I'm very lazy about japanese reading
>>
What's currently the best browser on Linux?
>>
>>55901554
uzbl
>>
>>55901554
>>55901569
surf
>>
>>55901554
firefox
>>
>>55899928
I added the boolean to enable multiprocess even though I have extensions, and it seems fine except loading up some websites will hang for a few seconds before loading

Is that normal?
>>
>>55900657
It's installed right off the bat with my Win10.
>>
>>55898893
Chakra is blackmagic, it is faster than V8 accross pretty much all benchmarks, consumes less memory and its better forn embedded devices.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.