[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://blog.documentfoundation.org /blog/2016/08/03/libreof

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: LibreOffice_Logo_Flat.svg.png (32KB, 1280x301px) Image search: [Google]
LibreOffice_Logo_Flat.svg.png
32KB, 1280x301px
https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2016/08/03/libreoffice-5-2-fresh-released-for-windows-mac-os-and-gnulinux/

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/

Why have you not joined the LibreOffice master race, /g/?
>>
>>55897973
Already had. Must update now.
>>
>>55897973
Will as soon as they add a ribbon UI.
>>
enjoy your broken formatting NEET
>>
File: Hi guys, this is autism.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hi guys, this is autism.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>Still can't make a simple fucking border around text without jumping throw gigantic hoops.
Not even close to the same quality as paid editors.
>>
>>55897973
So many bugs and missing stupid little features that it should have had day one

>try moving multiple images together in Writer
>>
>>55898137
Is the formatting only broken for .doc/.docx filetypes or .rtf too?
>>
What irks me still is that spell check is shit. Any time I'm working on an important paper, I need to open that shit on Word only to spell check.
>>
>>55897973

LibreOffice is for secretaries. Real nerds use TeX or LaTeX.
>>
Already got used to LaTeX.

If I really need a word processor however Google Docs is enough for me.
>>
>>55897973

Because when you try to read the file with Microsoft Office, the text is often formatted wrongly, even if you used the Microsoft's format. This shit -just like all open source stuff- can't be used seriously in a business environment because it's not compatible with the standard of the industry.
>>
>>55897973
because FOSSHUB
>>
Just use Google Docs, cucks.
>>
> with the latest addition being the Lithuanian Police with over 8,000 desktops.

>:3c
>>
>>55900501
>google docs
>calls others cucks

gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>55897973
do they offer a LTS version.
>>
>>55900463

>industry standard
>40 year old secretaries which create documents with comic sans fonts

Hard to say which one's bigger. Your pretentiousness or your idiocy.
>>
>>55901031

It's called LibreOffice-Still.
>>
>>55897973
I can just pirate office suite. I can just also pirate windows 10 enterprise and block most communication with Ms.
>>
I'm on Ubuntu 16.04, if I install the deb file from the libreoffice site, will it create a different install of Libreoffice to the existing one or overwrite it?

I want it to overwrite the existing one but I remember in the past I ended up with the newer version alongside the old one
>>
File: 123123.jpg (45KB, 499x570px) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
45KB, 499x570px
>>55901061
great job!
>>
>>55901216
nvm using the PPA
>>
>>55901323
Always use PPAs. Or move to an up-to-date distro like Fedora.
>>
>>55901033

Have you even worked a single day in your life you imbecile kid? Something as small as a typo in a document can make your client drop your law firm and go with the competence instead, and the same goes to any place where they send/receive formal documents of any kind. If the document X sent you is all formatted wrong then you're gonna figure out that they're retards that can't even write it properly, let alone do their job; the truth might be that they were trying to be edgy using LibreOffice, but the damage to their reputation is already done.

More stuff depends on "40 year old secretaries which create documents with comic sans fonts" than on plenty other positions, because when they make mistakes those mistakes are noticed, that's why you can't afford to use anything that might be incompatible with Word. You're probably just a butthurt freetard though, it's not like you would know what is like to have an actual work.
>>
>>55901571
>Something as small as a typo in a document can make your client drop your law firm and go with the competence instead
Your inability to write proper English does not imply that your word processor is bad.

>If the document X sent you is all formatted wrong then you're gonna figure out that they're retards that can't even write it properly, let alone do their job
If you're sending out """formal documents""" as anything but .pdf, you're not doing your job correctly.
>>
>>55897973
I only have Microsoft Office Professional 2010 as reference
The current Libreoffice sucks compared to that old version.
You can get basic stuff done.
But that's it.
>>
>>55901571
>Something as small as a typo in a document
What does that have to do with a document editor?

>If the document X sent you is all formatted wrong then you're gonna figure out that they're retards that can't even write it properly
No sane company sends out documents to third parties in anything but pdf. I'm not excusing LibreOffice, but that happens through different MS Office versions as well.
>>
>>55900477
>being a wincuck
>not downloading it using your package manager that already compares the keys

kek
>>
>>55900463
>when you try to read the file with Microsoft Office, the text is often formatted wrongly
Why the fuck are you ever sending out documents as anything but .pdf?
>>
>>55901533
Well the fucking PPAs aren't up to date, the version I've just updated is showing 5.1.5.2
>>
Fuck Libre office and it's shitty formatting, ms office ftw.
>>
Because I don't like slow, sluggish and buggy software.
>>
>>55897973
I have LibreOffice installed for the rare occasion, but nowadays who the fuck really needs a bloated "office suite" anyway.
Unless you need it at work, but then they'll give it to you.

Office suites are a retarded concept from the 90s that needs to fucking die already.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.