[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the very same post (just a random one I grabbed) in both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: chromefox.png (73KB, 1313x266px) Image search: [Google]
chromefox.png
73KB, 1313x266px
This is the very same post (just a random one I grabbed) in both Chrome and Firefox.

I don't know if I'm the only one seeing the difference, but despite both browsers having their fonts set to Times New Roman size 16, it looks different. I prefer Firefox, because it looks.. sharper? I'm not sure how to describe it, but I would like to make 4chan in Chrome look like it does in Firefox.

Is that possible?
>>
>>55896423
Chrom* font rendering was always shit
that's just one of the reasons firefox is the superior browser and chrome is for people who don't know shit like old people, videogamers and retarded hipsters
Never saw an intelligent people using chrome as their main browser
>>
>>55896682
>insulting people for their intelligence
types this
>never saw an intelligent people
Fuck off retard

>inb4 you find some mistake in my reply
>>
>>55896682
>Chrom* font rendering was always shit
true dat, firefox as always had better font rendering, everything looks blurry as shit in chrom*, to the point of inducing headaches (i cant stand it)
>Never saw an intelligent people using chrome as their main browser
im all against jewggle but, fuck you buddy.
being intelligent is not the same as being tech savvy, and even half of the tech savvy folks use chrom* in one way or another, to our demise.
>>
>>55896423
If this is a recent change you notice it could be you have e10s enabled with the latest FF, it does change font appearance at least for me.
>>
>>55896837
Grammar is correlated to intelligence? How so?
Yup i've some problem with plurals as english is not my native language, in particular for irregular words, you got me
Still better than shilling for the browser that's killing the free web
>>
>>55896937
Fair enough
>>
>>55896912
Intelligent, informed people don't use google
There was a time when it was a great company (or maybe just too small to hide all the shit) now is a giant too big and powerful to be trusted with anything and we still give them every bit of our life
This fucking captcha man, they are everywhere, it's sickening
>>
>>55896937
>Defending a browser that has two separate URL/search boxes
It's the year 2016
>>
Since this is the only Firefox thread around I might as well ask here. Is there any way to force enable e10s on Firefox 48? about:support says that it's disabled because of addons for me.
>>
>>55896912
>true dat, firefox as always had better font rendering, everything looks blurry as shit in chrom*, to the point of inducing headaches (i cant stand it)
holy crap this
Years ago I messed up a setting in compiz and it made every window very very slightly blurry. Chrome reminds me so much of that buggy blurry compiz that I thought I had screwed up some compositing setting again. But no, it's just chrome.
>>
>>55896988
>using a browser with combined URL search boxes so that anything you type automatically gets sent to google
It's like walking through a stockholm's syndrome museum. They've been brainwashed into thinking that having every keystroke instantly sent away is a good thing. No wonder /g/ is filled with W10 shills with people like this
>>
>>55896423
These kind of differences appear between different methods for rendering the browser: hardware accelerated or just software.
Identify which browser is doing which and enable or disable hardware acceleration accordingly in Chrome (if it's possible).
>>
>>55896995
yes my friend
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis#Force_Enable
>>
>>55897035
>thinking font rendering differences are caused by what's being used to render them
what is /g/ coming to
>>
>>55897066
Thanks, that worked.
>>
>>55897069
>acting like a stupid asshole
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Direct2D+DirectWrite+Text+Rendering#
>>
>>55897069
Clearly you don't remember years ago when Firefox introduced hardware acceleration that everyone and their mother whined about changed fonts.
>>
>>55897132
>being this autistic
No browser uses DirectX for rendering. No browser uses DirectX for anything.
>>
>>55896423

Update your chrome dickhead

It hasn't look like that since 2014
>>
>>55897132
Um dude. That's a totally different text renderer. Ofc it's going to change. But if DirectX worked on both GPU and CPU, it would look the same when rendered on either.
>>
>>55897150
How can anyone be so wrong? You're lucky this is an anonymous forum and you can continue shitposting and look entitled while only affecting the reputation of the board.
Here are some chromium bug-tracker issues related to DirectX HWA rendering:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?can=2&q=directwrite
>>
>>55897216
That's on windows. Nobody with a brain uses windows.
>>
>>55897232
Put those goalposts down.
>>
>>55897241
Nice argument.

D A M A G E C O N T R O L
A
M
A
GE CONTROL
>>
Halp.
Mactype doesn't work anymore on win10 au, anyone managed to get it working?
>>
>>55897169
Keyword is:
>it would look the same
Reality: it should look the same, but there are differences.
>>
>>55896988
>what is the customize button
are you some kind of normie?
>>
>>55897264
I want the browser to just werk, moron.
>>
Oh god what did they do to the URL typing UI in Firefox 48
It now stretches the entire window, instead of being from the URL bar only
>>
>>55897387
yeah, been like that in aurora for a while now, they should have let it be the size of the urlbar instead. the text is still aligned with the bar itself, there is just massive (amounts) of whitespace on each side now
>>
Weird, in my machine Chrome has better font rendering
I use infinality though
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.