[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a discussion about Android N going? I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160803-063821.png (137KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160803-063821.png
137KB, 1440x2560px
Can we get a discussion about Android N going?

I've been thinking about trying it, currently completely stock on my Nexus 6p so the N developer preview is clicks away.

Screenshots? Experiences?

I'm on T-Mobile. Would it be best for me to stay on Marshmallow or make the jump? Coverage is touch and go in my area, and I'm wondering if I'll have an easier time staying locked onto LTE on N.
>>
Come on, I know some of you have to be running the Beta.
>>
Yea I'm currently running the latest version of Nougat on a Nexus 5X. I'm really enjoying it. Performance is really fast, standby time is much much improved (I can go through like an 8 hour work day and only get down to like 75%) and splitscreen is a godsend. It was rough downgrading to Marshmallow for Pokemon Go but it now currently works on N so I'm good to go. Nexus 5X is still a lil shitty but N really polishes it up.

I'm currently on Project Fi and coverage is about the same as it was on Marshmallow so I'm not sure if you'd be seeing too much improvement there. It's not like you have to wipe anything before you upgrade to N or anything and the experience def won't be worse than what you have (it was really bad during the first preview tho).
>>
i've been running it since dp4 and it's pretty nice. the new aggressive doze kicks in well most of the time and a few of the UI/UX changes are meaningfully better:
- new notifications shade with quick toggles is nice and thankfully quite thin unlike most oem skins
- new notifications use space a lot more effectively
- the new multitasking cards are much, much better than before
- the new double-tap multi-task button to return to the previous app feature is a god send
- on the nexus 6p in particular native dpi scaling allowing for a more condensed view is almost impossible to live without once you've tried it
- multi-tasking works as advertised but i don't really use it much. it's nice that it's there.

notable bugs on the 6p:
- rarely, pulling the phone off a charger after a 100% charge stops doze from triggering at all. a restart fixes this.
- the time between fingerprint being read to being on the home screen is significantly longer than previous developer previews for some reason. it changed after dp1 or 2 for some reason. it's not unbearable but it's definitely noticeable.

all in all it's a well thought out update.
>>
You guys willing to share any screenshots?

>>55897061
What network are you using it on? Have you noticed any change in signal reliability or stability?
>>
>>55896643
>>55897061
Are you using gapps?
>>
>>55897061
>- on the nexus 6p in particular native dpi scaling allowing for a more condensed view is almost impossible to live without once you've tried it

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not sure what this means. Is it like on a laptop/desktop where icons are the same size as other screens and there's just more space around?
>>
>>55897061
stfu
>>
>>55899038
It's

Anyways, does the Nexus 6P support T-Mobile wifi and/or VoLTE?
>>
I have a non nexus phone but I plan on buying a 2016 model. Can anyone running the N preview tell me how the system apps are handled in relation to their counterparts on the play store? What I mean by this is, on my current phone I have to download the Phone app and disable the built in phone app in order to receive updates. Is this the case with nexus phones as well or do the system apps share the same namespace as the play store versions?
>>
>>55899227
On Nexus system apps are updated through Google play
>>
>>55899227
Never even occurred to me that the Phone app gets updated.
>>
>>55899296
It's actually useful, they worked with t mobile and pushed an update for built in visual voicemail
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.