[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Lenovo brand thinkpads any good? I know the old school ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: lenovo-03[1].jpg (20KB, 578x325px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo-03[1].jpg
20KB, 578x325px
Are Lenovo brand thinkpads any good?
I know the old school ones were great, but how are the new ones?
I was thinking about picking up a T460 for general work/business stuff.
>>
>>55890746
Is the E650 as everybody memes it is?
Why is it so hard to find a good laptop without spending hours shifting through shill articles and bullshit?
>>
>>55890746
if you get a modern thinkpad make sure it is x, t or p series, those are only good ones, also if you are going to get one look into a T460p
>>
my T420's are good. That is all I can speak of.
>>
They're still great. The T and P (formerly known as W) series are fantastic. X series is going down the tubes, but it's not quite there yet. X1 Carbon is the beginning of the end I fear, soon X series will mean 'Totally Not MacBooks' and the T4_0s will be the new X.

>>55890836
E series is cheap plastic shit. Doesn't deserve the ThinkPad™ name.
>>
>>55890746
The last good think pad was the T420
>>
>>55890940
What in the holy hell are you complaining about, the X260 gets like 20+ hours of battery life and has a FHD IPS panel... Magnesium roll cage polycarbonate shell, milspec and god tier keyboard...
>>
>>55890978
>>55890931
What's the difference between the T420 and T420P
and how is the touch screen feature, is it gimmicky or well implemented?
>>55890981
Could you give some more of your experiences with the X260, and 20+ hours of battery sounds like BS, no offense.
>>
>>55890746
X260 is great also P50
>>
>>55891177
Just read any review, you can sit and watch HD videos for 17 hours on an X260 with the 3 cell front and 6 cell back battery.

If you get the 9 cell 28++ slice in addition to that the battery life goes up to like 30 hours or some crazy shit. Its pretty much unrivaled as far as ultraportable workstation battery life goes.
>>
>>55890940
I bought an e series thinkpad and for the price it was better than other laptops of the same though. Both specs and build quality wise.

If you can get an e series on the cheap and it's better than the other laptops of the same price go for it desu. Just don't expect the same build quality as the t and x series
>>
>>55890836
I have an E560 (i5, R7 290, 1080p version). Most of it's great, runs well, battery is good, but the colour range is fucking atrocious. Like, 50% of sRGB atrocious. Facebook's banner looks teal.
>>
I have a t460 from work, it's a very nice laptop, decently powerful but maybe more than you'll need. only complaint is the trackpad is a bit finicky at times
>>
>>55891240
I have heard the screen is complete shit though, can you attest to this or what?
>>
>>55890746
The only actual difference between a T or X series and other ones is that the T or X will last a fucking decade or more.

I still have a T60 somewhere.

But if you just want a "general work/business" laptop you can go for literally anything. Memepads are good, the 460 is good, but it may be overkill for the use you're planning.
>>
>>55893240
Are the T series large?
I am looking for something skinny and portable, with a decently small screen.
any other brands to get?
I do have a special discount for Dell and Apple computers because my father works for a University....
thoughts?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.