[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /g/ prefer 7 so much over 8.1? Start screen aside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Windows-8-Vs-Windows-7.jpg (18KB, 570x399px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-8-Vs-Windows-7.jpg
18KB, 570x399px
Why does /g/ prefer 7 so much over 8.1?

Start screen aside 8 is an upgrade in every way.
>>
>>55889337
Shitty mobile UI
>>
Like everything else that's old and /g/ likes it boils down to... Nostalgia.
>>
10 is better than both
>>
>>55889381
>Start screen aside

Can you fucking read?
>>
>>55889398
All windows have the same shitty mobile UI
>>
The Windows 7 search results (when I just press the Windows key and just start typing to open my files or programs) gives me the best results.

That alone moved me from OS X (Win 7's search results are better than Spotlight, which was previously the best), and will probably keep me on Windows 7 indefinitely until it becomes too impractical and I have to switch to Linux or something.
>>
>>55889337
>>55889381
>>55889398
Besides you can easily bring back the start menu and essentially never use the metro start screen again.
>>
>>55889337
8.1 is superior in every way. You can literally mod the start menu back in if you're autistic and the OS is ten times more stable.
>>
8 has some neat features, but they aren't features that I can't get with third part applications in Windows 7.

The real reason not to use 8 is just that it still feels like a beta, there's a lot of little quirks that just shouldn't be in an operating system that's supposedly targeted towards the enterprise.
>>
>>55889391
Nice meme
>>
>>55889398
it's not just the start screen

can you even shutdown windows 8 nowadays without touching tiny little elements?
>>
>>55891466
Win key + r
shutdown -st 0
>>
>>55891466
Windows + R > cmd.exe > shutdown /t 0

you can even make it a shortcut on the desktop.
>>
I dropped xp and move onto 7 back in 2011 only because certain programs can only run on 64 bit. Its pretty much the same now, i won't simply upgrade just because "it's better".
>>
>>55889337
When I was at 8.1, I didn't even install a start menu. I just got used to Win key + S to bring up the universal search. One of the best OSs ever, just superseded by Windows 10. I'm rocking the Anniversary build right now and loving it.
>>
>>55891531
>>55891530
I take that as a NO
>>
>>55891466
This: >>55891531

Also, ALT + F4 on the desktop brings up the shutdown dialog, newbie
>>
Why switch when 7 already works flawlessly?
>>
>>55891559
You just create the shortcut ONCE IN A FUCKING LIFETIME, FAGGOT. It takes whole 5 seconds and lasts forever
>>
>>55891571
because you're missing new improvements! update today
>>
>>55891580
You only have to install gentoo ONCE IN A FUCKING LIFETIME, FAGGOT. It takes two hours on a good CPU and lasts forever
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.