[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are such a noticably high percentage of Indian Comp. Science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: p3.jpg (124KB, 415x315px) Image search: [Google]
p3.jpg
124KB, 415x315px
Why are such a noticably high percentage of Indian Comp. Science majors/Software Engineers so shitty? I'm always running into Indians that live and die via copy/paste code. Any insight on how they teach there?
>>
>>55885927
How much curry do you eat per month?
>>
>>55885927
Because they develop everything for Windows XP with IE6 running on a Dell Dimension 2400
>>
>>55885927
Shitty education system is to blame.
>>
I've heard stories their exams and work in the classroom is actually physically 'writing' programs on paper, and a teacher roves around and 'debugs' or something.

Don't know if it's true but I wouldn't doubt it. Might just as well be another broke ass conutry I'm confusing it with.
>>
>>55886199
I feel like that would make them better at coding.
>>
>>55886199
>actually physically 'writing' programs on paper
Actually writing shit down makes you better in recalling things.
>>
>>55886499
In my opinion it's just highly limiting and doesn't allow someone to see what they're doing wrong with calls or syntax in an immediate way.. but it probably also forces them to be more efficient due to limitations, thus eliminating the need to be told what's wrong when it does occur, so I get what you're saying.

I guess the point of that story circulating is that they're too broke to afford computers and decent learning or something. And if it's true... it's just sad, really.
>>
Pay peanuts and you get monkeys
>>
>>55886199
when i was a TA for a CAD lab that had 8 or so curry nigger masters students and 50 or so undergrads (us citizens or residents.) i spent more time helping those 8 than the remaining 50. they never made any effort to figure things out and would ask for help with the most minor shit. i'd help one and then 20 minutes later the another sitting next to him would ask the same exact question.

so yeah, i can certainly see that being the case. one of them also smelled horrible and i think he never showered. even the remaining curry niggers would try to avoid him.
>>
>>55886877
That's grand, I'm a student instructor right now, I've noticed over time that anyone who can't hack it for whatever reason drops out almost immediately or never makes it past the second semester.

It's also almost always women or nogs of some denomination.
>>
>>55885927
i worked in i.t. didnt meet any indians
part from 1 recruitment agent
desu id have had no problem with indians
police people
asians in i.t. (chinese, all over the place)
offensive, arrogant, nasty shits - ugly personalities
>>
>>55887624
indians are polite .. wasbout to say
>>
>>55885927
>Why are such a noticably high percentage of Indian Comp. Science majors/Software Engineers so shitty?

It's the nature of their race.
>>
>>55887113
the curry master students all did their undergrad in india. the undergrads were all us citizens or residents as far as i know. there was also 1 chinese masters student but he largely stuck to himself and i think asked for help only once or twice the entire semester.
>>
>>55886199
Poo in loo can't afford computers so they use paper
>>
>>55887642
They're typically nice people, but they're just so acceptingly un-skilled...
>>
>>55885927
Its their culture. They dont see it as going to school to learn something, or working to do a good job and make a good product. They see it as a means to an end, a stepping stone to get ahead. In their countries people dont work at the same position for more than a year or two, because any longer than that is seen as a failure, so they just get advanced up the ladder and quit/join jobs without actually learning anything. Inexperience is perpetuated and you have tons of guys in supervisor positions that dont know fuckall. A job in coding is just looked at as a chance to get promoted to supervisor, not to actually code.

tl;dr, they dont care to learn because they see it as a waste of time
>>
A lot of Indian outsource companies outright lie about their abilities, they hire under qualified individuals, over promise, and under preform. If you lived in a 3rd world shithole you'd lie about your abilities to gtfo by any means necessary.
>>
>>55886199
we still do that for some god forsaken reason
t. eastern european EU member
>>
programming was invented in english

indians don't understand the subtleties of english

∴ linguistic determinism is actually a thing, and if you can't think in english you are shit at programming

it's like how mexicans are retarded even though they live in the US: they teach their kids retard spanish at birth which isn't actually spanish from spain, but gangbanger spanish
>>
>>55886199
I had to write x86 and Motorola Assembler on paper in an exam, and translate back and forth to C.
This was a regular undergrad course in Germany.
What exactly is wrong with it?
>>
>>55885927
Tech jobs are India's favorite meme right now. If you have a tech job, you're well respected in your family and you make some decent money.

The reason Indians are shit programmers is because schools in India are complete shit and most of the Indians that go into tech jobs don't care enough about their job to learn more about it.
That's why smart and wealthy Indians go to the US for an education. Indian schools are T R A S H. The outsourced Indians are truly pajeets and American Indians are embarrassed about them too.
>>
>>55890009
Honestly though, I've encountered a lot of SHITTY Indian coders that are in the USA, and clearly brought their shit code from India all the way here.
>>
>>55889846
I think exams are normally hand written, just regular class work isn't
>>
>>55886725
not an Indian, but for my A levels Computer Science I'm required to write code on paper. Syntax errors are ignored since the examiner doesn't expect 100% correctness, as long as the code is readable and make sense you get points. But for Indians the examiners are even more strict.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.