[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need an audio interface to record and playback guitar playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Scarlett_Solo_600px.jpg (106KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlett_Solo_600px.jpg
106KB, 600x392px
I need an audio interface to record and playback guitar playing

I also have a pair of studio monitors, and I need a headphone in and a microphone output

The Focusrite Scarlett Solo seems to be perfect, has everything I need, fits my budget, everyone recommends it
but also I always see people recommending the more expensive 2i2

Why? Is it because the more inputs/outputs? What if I don't need more? Then is the solo the most obvious choice?
>>
>>55884866
i have the 2i2, it's whatever, i only have one mic so i probably could have made do with the solo.

imo just get the solo for now and if you're planning to do something more complicated, you probably are going to want to add several more mics which will warrant a much bigger interface
>>
>>55884866
>headphone in and a microphone output
fuck, how did I fuck this up

microphone in and headphones out, obviously, I have some alcohol in my body, sorry for that
>>
>>55884866
Its the more inputs/outputs. They're really useful down the line, but another great feature for me is the second input allows me to record in stereo from my deck, but I eventually went with another solution because of clipping on the line level output from the deck.
>>
>>55884866
2i4 has padded input and the 2i2 didn't last time I checked, I recommend 2i4 solely because of that feature alone
>>
>>55884866
Spend a bit more and get something decent like the Zoom UAC2.

Or if you want to save money get the Behringer UMC202HD, it's probably just as good as that Focusrite.
>>
>>55884999
>Or if you want to save money get the Behringer UMC202HD
costs exactly the same here

>Spend a bit more and get something decent like the Zoom UAC2.
I don't really have the money for it right now, and this recording thing is nothing serious yet
>>
>>55884866
op, make sure to get the 2nd gen updated version.
>>
>>55885058
why?
>>
>>55885094
fixed issues with clipping when input is hot, more linear gain, improved casing, etc. same price i believe. the update is recent but they're out. sound is unchanged.
>>
>>55885121
your pic is gen 2 btw. you can tell by the knobs.
>>
>>55885145
I know that there is 2 different gens, I just wanted to know why buying the 2nd is a must
>>
>>55884866
i have the focusrite 2i2 and ONLY use two monitors, i can't even play a guitar.
compared to an m-audio i had, the focusrite isn't amplifying like the C600 fasttrack, that i can say.

i bet they're all the same inside anw, the focusrite that is.
>>
>>55885157
because gen 1 has clipping issues with hot pick-ups even at the lowest gain setting mostly. that was the biggest issue that needed fixing.

gen 2 also has further reduced latency which is always good. get gen 2
>>
>>55885199
also, the new gen (2i2)keeps crashing on my friends win10 (the focurrite driver)
>>
>>55884866
>but also I always see people recommending the more expensive 2i2
>Why? Is it because the more inputs/outputs? What if I don't need more? Then is the solo the most obvious choice?

Yes
>>
focusrite 100%.
best preamp for the money, nice look, very solid.
>>
File: downloadfile-3.jpg (91KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-3.jpg
91KB, 500x334px
>tfw I got a 2i2 but I'm a drummer
Need more inputs
>>
>>55885396
I know your pain. I have the 18i20 and that's just barely enough.
>>
>>55884866
steinberg ur22 mk2
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.