[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the best place to host a managed ownCloud server?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ownCloud.png (80KB, 2000x1045px) Image search: [Google]
ownCloud.png
80KB, 2000x1045px
Where's the best place to host a managed ownCloud server? Like a lot of GB for cheap.

OneDrive has 1TB for $5. Google Drive 1TB $10.

It doesn't have to be outside the USA to protect freedoms, I just want to use the software because it has a feature I need.
>>
Your basement.
>>
>>55883778
The one and only correct answer. Otherwise you might as be using Google Drive or Dropbox.
>>
>>55883553
Home server?
>>
>>55883778
>>55883941
>>55885340
I don't want to manage server/os/updates myself.

Why would anyone want to suffer this?
>>
>>55883553
stack

1TB for free.
>>
>>55885778
I plugged a 2TB drive into a pi, set up BTsync, and every few weeks or so I ssh into it and run apt upgrade.

not much work bruv
>>
>>55885846
And one wrong move and that SD card is going to corrupt and you'll lose your entire OS.
>>
>>55885809
What is the site url
>>
>>55885898
its a stock raspbian + btsync deamon. i'd have it setup in 5seconds flat.
>>
>>55885898
make an image of the card after you have everything set up, if it dies then just copy the image to another card
>>
Why the fuck are you thinking about ownCloud? It is dead. Move on.
>>
>>55885778
i love managing my own server, be it local or a vps.

only way to have freedumbs, and you are an idiot if you think otherwise. just bend over if you dislike it
>>
>>55885846
>I plugged a 2TB drive into a pi, set up BTsync
How much data do you store there and how fast it is?
>>
Hey guise, I'm gonna buy a new laptop soon and am planning on using my old one as a home server, for tinkering, torrenting and storage. It's an old VAIO with 500GB HD.
Is there a good guide or tutorial for that? I already use linux exclusively, but I'm not that good of a /g/entooman.
Should I just install Debian or CentOS and login in that shit trought SSH? How should I make it secure? Is it too hard to have my own email server?
Sorry about possible grammar mistakes, I'm a huehuehuebr monkey.
>>
>>55886417
>Is there a good guide or tutorial for that?
There are plenty. Just google them.

Email server is ticky, since other email providers won't trust you.

You said what you want to know, but didn't say what you already know. People can't help you advance, if they don't know where are you now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.