[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any online programming beginners guides NOT written

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: neckbeard.jpg (23KB, 576x436px)
neckbeard.jpg
23KB, 576x436px
Are there any online programming beginners guides NOT written by autistic geniuses?
>>
Most are written by ostensibly everyday people. Which ones are you reading? Just pick up an O'Reilly book or something similar.
>>
>>55881558
My problem is that I learn best when I am trying to do one specific thing i.e. write one specific script and learning several little things to do it. But a lot of the guides will just throw out all this information that I don't know what to do with
>>
>>55881580
I haven't learned a new language in quite a few years, but IIRC most O'Reilly (and similarly designed books) teach you with mini projects split across a few chapters.

But if you're just talking about the usual boilerplate up front about primitive operations, general formatting, and whatnot -- that just sort of comes with the territory. Don't get caught up on it by trying to memorize everything; once you get started with a project, things will start making a bit more sense.

Basically, don't try to memorize or even understand everything you read. Learning a language takes time and a lot of practice; many things won't make sense at first, but you'll slowly pick them up one by one (yet your list will continue to grow with more complex things).
>>
>>55881580
I used one of these when I wanted to get started with git. It was pretty bad. Reading meme blog posts was a better help.
Same for python. Marathoning codecademy was more time efficient.

And why does these books always come with drawing of animals on the cover anyway?
>>
>>55882319
>And why does these books always come with drawing of animals on the cover anyway?
http://animals.oreilly.com/origin-of-species/

Regarding the other stuff, to each his own, I guess. I generally like them, though. Plus, in my opinion, they publish a lot of interesting people whose stuff I want to read just because of the author.
>>
File: 1325070313950.jpg (26KB, 465x364px) Image search: [Google]
1325070313950.jpg
26KB, 465x364px
>>55881521
Just take a programming course at your high school. Self teaching is not for you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.