[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since NoScript is considered now harmful and will be removed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: noscript-10years-small.png (24KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
noscript-10years-small.png
24KB, 128x128px
Since NoScript is considered now harmful and will be removed from TOS, what is the alternative?

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/19280#no2

https://liltinkerer.surge.sh/noscript.html (recent)
>>
ublock duh
>>
>>55881475
Only autists block scripts on this day and age.
>>
>>55881484
ublock doesn't block script by default.
umatrix on the other hand does.
>>
>>55881475
Well, that guy is a pretty known shill, so don't look surprisrd
>>
>>55881495
Have fun using tor with enabled scrips.
>>
>>55881495
what normal people do?
>>
>>55881495
lmao i now right xDDDDDd who doesn't want to load 100 scripts per website? lmao autists ahahahaha xDDDDDD
>>
File: BAB.png (11KB, 298x348px) Image search: [Google]
BAB.png
11KB, 298x348px
>>55881475
The first link is simply a project.

Second is not news at all. Wladimir Palant raised hell over it.

Still you can opt-out of all the faggotry either by disabling thigns, blanking the whitelists and properly configuring your NS.

I don't exactly trust Giorgio...
But so far i've had no problems on windows nor on linux and i've been using NS for nearly a decade now.
>>
>>55881475
meh umatrix is better anyways
>>
>>55881475

Your source only cite TOR, developed by US intelligence with the purpose of protecting US intelligence communications online.

All warfare is based on deception.

Saying NoScript is harmful is not only a sweeping generalization, but omits the possibility of reverse psychology.

The author isn't bound to protecting applications that are out of his control.
>>
>>55881475
Wait, what's wrong with it?
>>
File: 100110010.jpg (465KB, 1280x720px)
100110010.jpg
465KB, 1280x720px
>>55881475

Meh if he only goes for Windows users that's pretty funny.

Yeah, Linux user here. Haha oh god, adorable.
>>
>>55881734
GIorgi, the owner of NoSript, shilled out and promotes malware. Also he has history of messing around with adblock lists so his shilled malwares goes through.

Giorgi is harmful, NoScript is harmful. Use GNU/Linux and uMatrix.
>>
>>55881794
Well damn. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>55881794
How do you block individual first party scripts on umatrix? been using it for a few weeks but still can't find a way.
>>
>>55881620
>>55881622
>>55881649
Except if you are on dial-up, it makes no different in load time.

Have fun guessing what scripts to unblock and doing that for every other new site you open just to have a barely functional browsing experience by the time the average user has already moved on to something else.
>>
>>55881843
read le manual
https://github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/wiki
>>
>>55881794

with the same logic:

the pharmaceutical industry never created diseases
the warfare industry never created conflicts
the cyber security industry never created threats

non-sensical
>>
>>55881475
umatrix
>>
>>55881866
this wins the tin foil hat prize of the day

what's next? cooks creating hunger?
>>
>the noscript website has ads and noscript doesn't block them by default
oh no... he's evil!!!
>>
>>55881886

independent audits exist for a reason

hold your ethical judgments before jumping ship
>>
>>55881475
It's mind boggling to me that after all these years the Noscript logo and website still look like hot garbage. It's like a kid designed them within ten minutes.
>>
Let's be honest. If you created an addon as successful as NoScript you'd place ads on the website and by default redirect people to it on each update. This man isn't evil. He's a genius.
>>
>>55881858
I already read it, it doesn't explain it
>>
>>55881945
Ah, you can't block individual scripts with uMatrix. Use uBlock for that.

Make sure to get the version from the official development team instead of a hobbyst fork: https://ublock.org

After you install it, go to the dynamic rules pane and add

https://google.com https://google.com/pokemon.js * allow
>>
>>55881886
literally /pol/: the opinion
>>
>>55881724
umatrix is kind of confusing for me to use, while noscript makes more sense to me as to what I'm allowing.

>>55881971
oh...so I have to use two add-ons?

why is no script considered bad now?
>>
>>55881475
>WINDOWS
>>
>>55881846

>Have fun guessing what scripts to unblock

I don't have to guess; since I'm not a retard I already know: none.
>>
>>55881886

But there exist verified instances of all of those things, How old are you?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.