[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

convince me to keep waiting for some random nerd to finally update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.jpg (111KB, 1358x698px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
111KB, 1358x698px
convince me to keep waiting for some random nerd to finally update my cyanogenmod ROM for my phone, or for another company to finish what Ubuntu was going to do back in 2013 with a truly open linux ROM that would convert any x86 phone into a touchscreen computer before jewing out to make their own phones and close their OS source to it

now there's ways to put full linux OS's on phones but not feasible to replicate actual telephone features

dont give me "AOSP" which is just a hipster form of CM, who now is trying to just get into the app industry and you're still just waiting for someone to actually build a ROM for your specific device...and 99% of the time the CDMA and GSM versions arent compatible, nor the US vs other countries so you might even have the same phone but the wrong version and just keep being confused by seeing those other verisions while searching...

meanwhile windows will merely install and werk.
>>
File: 1396102567209.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1396102567209.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>55878783
>install win10 on android

installing spyware on a botnet
>>
>>55878783
>meanwhile windows will merely install and werk.
you don't know this.
>>
>>55878783
You seem to be confused, this is not XDA its /g/. Only topics on <--- this guy are allowed
>>
>>55878783
>meanwhile windows will merely install and werk
>he actually believes this will be any different from CM
Actually yes, it will be different: since it's closed source nobody will be able to port it to your phone. There's already a xiaomi phone that's able to run Windows phone, there will be, like, 4 phones total supporting that shit.
>>
>>55878838

they're testing it on that phone because its the most popular in china

the world wide release is coming out later this year or next.
>>
>>55878881
It will only run on select devices. No miracles expected. And even then it'll be worse than CM and, especially, ROMs derived from it.
>>
>>55878903

desktop versions of linux can already be installed on any device

thinking windows couldnt do the same thing but actually doing the work so the interface and apps avalible mimic phone purposes is idiotic

theres literally nothing stopping a universal OS/ROM being able to adapt to any phone

its the autism of the owners who think their shitty small gimmick needs to be fully supported and bitch because their front/back camera isnt working but everything else is or something else stupid like that
>>
>>55878934
>desktop versions of linux can already be installed on any device
They are not installed, they are chrooted to, they are using phone's kernel.
>>
What the fuck is the point of installing on Android if it's gonna be another windows phone?
Unless its an app that emulates windows and takes windows programs like renoise and vsts and multitasking browsing.

What the fuck,
>>
Android users on voluntary life termination watch.
>>
File: 1455303468119.jpg (18KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455303468119.jpg
18KB, 255x200px
>>55878783
>"AOSP" which is just a hipster form of CM
>>
>>55878783
>meanwhile windows will merely install and werk.

lolno

You need drivers, that's the only reason you can't install Ubuntu on every phone, and probably the only reason there isn't an up to date CM for your phone. If there aren't drivers for the latest Android, then I doubt MS or the manufacturer are going to make Windows drivers for it.
>>
File: 1470015550918.jpg (33KB, 450x490px) Image search: [Google]
1470015550918.jpg
33KB, 450x490px
>>55878783
>using windows phone over android
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.