[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which is better for normie uses like web browsing and office

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

So which is better for normie uses like web browsing and office shit on a laptop

>Ubuntu
>windows 10
>A macbook
>>
don't buy a macbook, it's expensive and a cheap windows laptop will fit the needs of basic web browsing and office stuff. There's no reason for ubuntu, unless you want extra hassle, so just go windows, preferably windows 7, though.
>>
File: unnamed.png (70KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
70KB, 300x300px
>>55875451
What anon said. Get a used windows 7 machine or buy a new one on the cheap. Make sure it has enough hard drive space for all your weaboo animu and pr0n. Also, make sure it has a decent gpu so you can watch Netflix with impunity. You can't go wrong with a 2-3 year old Asus i7 machine. It may even have a gpu that will allow you to play games like sleeping dogs or hitman absolution.. Just be wary of the fact that gpu's that are up there in the numbers will require more battery when you unplug. Fight the urge to get something that cost more than 300 dollars; the laptop will inevitably fall off your lap when your jerkin' it to hentai in bed and you will be a sadz cat when the HDD gives you the click of death.
>>
>>55875046
Cheap windows 7/10 laptop.

I always go for
1. Price (cheap)
2. Long battery life
3. Weight

Get one with long battery life that is semi cheap. No need for a laptop that have any real performance, they always drain battery and get super heated and weigh a lot.
Any laptop except for the small eeboks can do anything you need.
If you want to play video games, get a desktop or play older games, they are much better anyways.
>>
Install Ubuntu
>>
>>55875046
Windows 7
>>
>amazon botnet vs. nsa botnet vs. apple botnet
Kubuntu.
>>
macbook no joke

supports more games and without any of the stuff normies find hard
>>
>>55876211
Ew.
>>
>>55875046
Ubuntu of course.
Free, no viruses, hass all the browsers, has office suites and shitload of apps in free appstore, bonus:it don't cuck you like mac and win. Don't listen to retards like this one >>55875451
You get hassle only when trying to do crazy shit like playing gayms in wine.
I installed oobangoo on my mons lap so she coold browse webs, watch movies and videochat in skype, and she never run in oroblems
>>
macbook because decent trackpad
>>
File: 1469869032238.gif (92KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1469869032238.gif
92KB, 300x200px
>>55876307
>people actually believe this
>>
>>55875046

Chromebook >> Macbook >>>>>> Ubuntu >>> Windows

Windows will get viruses and ad/spy/ransomware for sure, so I wouldn't even consider it for a normie. Linux is only an option if you have a nerd to set it up for you and then lock it down (basically, roll your own Chromebook minus the continuing updates). Mac would work great but unnecessarily expensive and overkill capability/power for most people.
>>
Linux Mint w/cinnamon if you can't get a laptop with windows 7
>>
File: 1442551464732.jpg (64KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
1442551464732.jpg
64KB, 599x449px
>>55877464
>Linux mint
>>
>>55876920
You give someone a Chromebook and they'll hate you if you don't give them a 4-hour long lecture on how to use them. People aren't good with computers so why expect them to be good with internet, much less with a computer filled with internet apps. If it's their only computer they won't be able to set up their iDevice with it for example.
>>
>>55875046
Xubuntu

>>55876211
>Kubuntu
>not KDE Neon
>>
>>55875046
Ubuntu
>>
TempleOS. Why would they need the Internet when they have God?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.