[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://imouto.my/tutorials/madvr/ Can your meme player v do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: logo-256x256[1].png (31KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
logo-256x256[1].png
31KB, 256x256px
https://imouto.my/tutorials/madvr/

Can your meme player v do this?
It can't.

inb4 proprietary software - I'm just using the one that gives me best video quality
>>
>>55870664
>tl;dr

wtf is all that shit? mpv "just works". Do you really need all that autistic ricing?
>>
>>55870707
>not using madVR

That's like... being satisified with drinking your own piss, while you could have (hipster aler) any craft beer, or good wine, or anything really.

The difference isn't small. It's fucking huge, and if you think you don't need to care because you can barely see it, well...

There're no pills for autism, but you could at least fix your eyes.
>>
You know mpv is good because threads like this exist. A generation of 4chan users were promised that using madVR would make them cool forever. This allowed them to feel smugly superior about their choice of video player, their choice of operating system, and their use of proprietary software. These nerds have built their entire self worth on top of the fact that they use madVR.

Some people would argue that VLC was just as good, but how could that be the case when VLC doesn't even have a MemeRes2000 upscaler? If all else fails, just post gifs of decoding artifacts until those nasty VLC users go away.

Now these madVR users are learning about mpv, and it's threatening because it's one of those confusing Linuxy command-line programs and they've never quite figured out how to use those. They're not even really sure if mpv can do everything madVR can, so they just post features they hope mpv doesn't have, or post a madVR setup guide and hope that there's at least one thing on that page that mpv can't do.
>>
>You know mpv is good because threads like this exist.

Actually it's because mpv devs are paid to post these threads. Why the fuck would anyone use a command-line only video player that you have to fiddle with config files to get the settings right when an easy-to-use video player and upscaler with full user interface is readily available?
>>
>>55872054
>interfaces are easier than command line
You're like a baby, anon. Enjoy never using your machine to it's fullest.
>>
As long as I don't see any screen tearing, I really don't give a fuck what player I'm using.
>>
Literally everything but the 3D shit from this guide can be done with mpv, though.

Also
>using reclock instead of a TV and xrandr.lua
Fucking plebs.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.