[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what to study/books/advice if away from computer for extended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: books.jpg (3KB, 91x96px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
3KB, 91x96px
what to study/books/advice if away from computer for extended time (months) with very little/no access to 'puter but want to into programming?

>best knowledge base w/out keyboard
>want to hit the ground running when resuming desk monkey
>how far can i get
>>
You probably want access to a computer to learn programming at first. If you know a bit already just grab a book on architecture and design.
>>
just read godel escher bach. SICP and purely functional data structures if you are imagining you'll actually retain information from something like that without having a computer to play with the ideas on.
>>
>>55859883
>very little/no access to 'puter but want to into programming?

anon it would be best if you tried to learn something else

why not try getting better at math or physics? or try learning a new language?

I am not saying you NEED a computer to learn but it will be very hard to get better without a computer

where are you gonna be btw?
>>
>>55859883
Months is too much. You need a computer to test out shit
>>
File: stars.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
>>55859962
starting from ground zero apart from vague hs tumblr css, precious 1-2 hours in codeacademy, and a deep love and desire to learn i have nothing.. looking for those broader firstish strokes/alternate 'puter-less plan? don't mind the setback despite the cripple, anything helps

>>55859964
any other recommendations? i don't know how much i can retain but i have a fair amount of time

>>55859980
this is kinda the feel here, kind of looking into it as either gaining cool knowledge or beginning to gain a significant tool to further my career prospects.. and innawoods/offthegrid PNW, very slight chance of comp w/no internet

>>55859982
the dread, i miiight have access like 1-2 times a month, also have a phone w/limited service. could i ever learn anything with like a notebook & pen? really just putting this out there as an open ended question
>>
>>55860192
Learning programming without access to a computer is like learning calculus without access to pen and paper
>>
>>55860192
forget programming, sit down and learn whatever math skills you haven't picked up yet. that's something you can learn without a computer, that will make you a better programmer.
>>
>>55860192
I agree with the above anon, try learning discrete math instead

also that's pretty cool, is there any reason you are gonna be out there or just for fun?
>>
File: cool.png (8KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
cool.png
8KB, 268x188px
>>55860222
yes so maybe more fundamentals/philosophy of programming? recently began a prescription for late diagnoses ad(h)d, feel like superman/conquer anything..

>>55860234
sounds good, any vital suggestions beyond current knowledge @ precalc and statistics?lol i understand math is like the fabric of our reality and hugely intertwined with computers/programming and everything and thus hugely important

>>55860310
maths seems like a great base, reason is work/camping, i can plan on having much free time alone

any key suggestions/paths to look towards beyond what i can glean from the wiki? wish there was like little tech gizmos i could just learn on/ just kinda started considering vr w/phone + bluetooth keyboard + solar panel/ but phone has no internet access... idk
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.