[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to all the CS/CE majors out there. How social are/were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1462390695434.png (221KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1462390695434.png
221KB, 500x375px
Question to all the CS/CE majors out there. How social are/were you in college?
I'm majoring in CE and I've been feeling kinda stupid for how often I'm staying home alone studying for things like calculus and physics. I'm not particularly good at mathematics and often need to repeat exercises over and over in order to understand things. I don't have this problem with my various CS classes though.
Just wondering if I'm too dumb for my major or something.
>>
Drank multiple times per week with friends in my courses. Your university years are the best of your life and you shouldn't waste them unless you're some turbo autist next Elon Musk.
>>
>>55850942
>t. sociology major
>>
I was fairly social with my course pals, we'd play ping-pong and study together and shit, but almost all of them were huge spergs, so it got boring pretty fast. And I'm not social enough to engage with people from other careers.

I'm glad it's over.
>>
>>55850902

You can get a 2.0 and as long as you understand the material to a minimal extent and make some connections you will get a job
>>
im not . my all friends in college are stupid.
also my college is hard as fuck . every week there are assigments and shit.

they play stupid f2p video games like lol and warframe in their free times.

i will try to change mechanical engineering or something
>>
>>55850902
I made a couple of friends and bs with them every once in a while on campus and off. I really don't care how many friends I make in college to be honest because I still keep in touch with high school friends. Just worry about your grades, nigga.
>>
>>55850902
I couldn't autist my way to a 3.8 or higher so I screwed around while getting a 3.1. My greatest regret was not screwing around more.
>>
>>55852585
I have a lot of friends I keep in touch with. Its mostly that it seems like many of the same people in my classes go out a lot more than I do. A lot of people say college is a time to enjoy yourself or whatever but 90% of the time I'm studying or working at my job.
>>
>>55853470
Why do you care so much about what other people say about "muh college experience"? I came to college to learn shit and get a fancy paper. Being sociable is a side bonus. I work part time too, so I know that there's just that much less time to fuck around.

I know just as many people (all who did decently or very well) who hated going to college as well as loved it. If you're in STEM most of your time is going to be studying even though compsci isn't like engineering where your life is literally nonexistent because of how rigorous it is.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.