[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /CS dropout here/? >Why did you drop out? >What did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1401042910974.jpg (39KB, 533x352px) Image search: [Google]
1401042910974.jpg
39KB, 533x352px
Who /CS dropout here/?

>Why did you drop out?
>What did you switch into?
>Do you have a good job?
>Do you regret it?
>>
>falling for the CS meme in the first place
that field has been shit for at least a decade
>>
>>55850546
I won't judge you for being a brainlet.
>>
Not exactly a dropout, just didn't pass the final test because basically I learned fuckall on my 2.5 years studying
Switched to NEET
I don't have a job
Don't really regret it
>>
I'm in a similar situation. I have 1 module left to do next year (just 1 fucking module). Is it possible to get a low tier IT job just for the year? My grades are actually good in my other modules and I'm confident with everything else.

I just don't know how bad that 1 module will be when I go to interviews since I'm not an actual graduate yet. Would something like IT tech support at a school be possible? I'm thinking of a school due to the holidays so I can focus on coursework and exams during that time.
>>
I dropped out 4 years ago after 3 years completed. Work as a mechanic now. It's pretty comfy despite less pay. Its nice not dealing with tiny hard to find bugs in your code, the "bugs" I have now are usually right in front of your face.
>>
>>55850763
Anyone?
>>
No, but this 4 year degree has turned to 6. On and off at parts too.
>>
>>55850546
You need to be legally retarded to drop out of the CS course. I knew a guy who literally didn't understand the concept of arrays and he managed to graduate.
>>
File: 1462517748804.jpg (116KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1462517748804.jpg
116KB, 469x469px
>tfw fell for the CE meme
>>
>>55851160
Every fucking thread.
>>
>>55850546
>Why did you drop out?
It made me hate computers

>What did you switch into?
Life sciences and eventually medicine

>Do you have a good job?
Not yet

>Do you regret it?
Not at all
>>
File: 1447617198855.png (219KB, 340x368px) Image search: [Google]
1447617198855.png
219KB, 340x368px
>>55850684
You were just supposed to answer his questions.
>>
File: 1463070739683.gif (473KB, 279x256px) Image search: [Google]
1463070739683.gif
473KB, 279x256px
>>55851185
It's just too fucking comfy
>>
so im making 60k as a jr web dev in a small town, pretty good i think but I want to further my knowledge. is there a future in web dev or will it all be automated / outsourced? should i just continue to built my webdev skill set and experience or should i go back to school for some sort of engineering?
>>
>>55850546

soon to be me, don't see why I have to waste one more year there when I can start working full time and earning good money and still have time to learn more (most things are outdated waste of time)
>>
>>55851385
Are you working with PHP?
>>
>>55851459
PHP, Perl, Ruby, Javascript

we have a lot of apps, both legacy and modern. trying to sift through the code on my own, theres not very strict leadership so we can do whatever we want as long as our scrum tasks get completed, i really dont even know what i am supposed to be doing
>>
I dropped out after 5 semesters. I already fulfilled the degree requirements and didn't feel the need to waste more of my time and give the jews more money for muh 4 year college experience.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.