[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone is selling one of these for around 500-600 USD (estimated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 201506151328051177653.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
201506151328051177653.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
Someone is selling one of these for around 500-600 USD (estimated currency conversion).

i3, 4GB RAM, 32'' touch screen 1920x1080, 500gb.

Worth it? Would it be cool to have in your living room, set up to run house applications? (Controlling the stereo, dim lights, whatever)
>>
>>55847977
I literally can't think of anything it could do that you can't simply use a cheap tablet that you hang on the wall.
>>
>>55848057
I know, right?

Other than looking cool, and being stationary and dedicated to this purpose (so you don't have to track down that damned tablet every time), there isn't much.

There's a large touch surface which I suppose even older people could use.
>>
>>55848129
after having stewed over this for over a minute.

legitimate uses:

1) You are self-employed and have an office and want to use this to entertain people that are waiting for you.

2) You own a house and legitimately enjoy working on projects to automatize your living space. Your entire house has this modern look and the touchscreen-station contributes to the aesthetic feel. You have used some graphic design program to create a layout plan of your house, and can touch each individual room to adjust what song is being played in that room, the lighting, if fans/AC are on, and if the curtains automatically open or close.

3) Install near kitchen, and justify the size of the screen by writing custom programs to allow the touchpad to be split into 2 screens, so you can use 2 hands to e.g. open a recepie on one half and scroll through it, and open something else on the left. You can also use it to remote-desktop whatever you are doing on your battlestation.

4) If you have a setup such that preparing food in your kitchen means that you are with your back towards the TV, you can set this up so you can continue to watch your shows while you cook. When reaching this level of autismo you also have a small tablet in your toilet for watching. The only way normies will consider you un-akward at this stage is if you unironically enjoy watching sports. Then suddenly all this will be justified as normal.
>>
>>55848389
2 is the most applicable in my case, the exception being the modern look. It'll actually look fairly out of place in my house, since I run a more "brown", wooden look.

It'd be fantastic as a home control station like you suggest. Programming is no problem for me.
>>
>>55848676
Get some cheapo thin plywood wooden panels, varnish them and cover the base. The kind of stuff that ikea likes to put on the backside of bookcases.

>Programming is no problem for me.

Good, because I'm shit at it. I have no idea what is feasible so here goes nothing. The only point at which you need a 32 inch touchscreen is if multiple people need to use it at the same time. If I were to imagine the ultimate way in which a multi-user touch screen would function, without limitation on how hard it would be to implement, it would be this: Whenever a user does a certain signal, like holding down 3 fingers in a triangle, or holding down 5 fingers, it pops up a small menu in that area with an app selection tray. Selecting an app opens a small window of that app, around the size of your spread hand. Pinch and spread three fingers to resize the window. Pinch and spread two for zoom/text size. Double tap the header bar to make it fill half of the screen. Double tap with two fingers on header bar to make it fill the entire screen for one-user mode. I'm just talking out of my ass here, but maybe it would be interesting to do it all on custom android.
>>
Not worth it
>>
>>55849578
why tho
>>
>>55850029
Just fucking think about it man. It's 32 inches, which is huge. It's also extremely expensive.
You can use a tablet and it will be much better.
>>
>>55847977
Yes. Absolutely fucking worth it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.