[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to building computers /g/, pic related is what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: _20160731_154032.jpg (168KB, 1353x1593px) Image search: [Google]
_20160731_154032.jpg
168KB, 1353x1593px
I'm new to building computers /g/, pic related is what I'm aiming for right now but I'm not entirely sure of my picks yet.
Any idea on which part i can cheap out on or rather improve? I'm going for 1080p 60fps gaming.
As for the graphics card in either going with a 1060 (costs $500 USD here) or rx480 ($400) although I'm heavily leaning towards the 1060.
As a side note, how much would these parts(pic related )cost if i were to buy them in YOUR country (please state said country), and how much do you think they cost in my country? I'm not going to tell you which country I'm from because that'll make it too easy :^)
>>
CPU is overkill, but I have a 3570k and getting Z77 mobo would make it more expensive than newer generations, just 'cause their ain't many about. Try and see if you can find compatible older gens for less maybe? Performance loss will be insignificant.

Cooler is decent, do you need one that good? You planning on overclocking or is low fan noise high on your list of priorities?

Make sure you're not paying for gimmicks on your mobo that you'll never use.

RAM is acceptable. Standard HDD.

An M.2 drive? Why not just get a SATA3 SSD?

You ever going to use discs? I haven't used discs in over 10 years, so unless you have a specific reason to get one, put the money to something useful.

I can't remember which series the PSU is, never had a Corsair, from what I've heard, the cheapest range is supposed to be shit, but I honestly don't know. Don't skimp on your PSU, if that dies, it can take the rest of your shit down with it.

Let me put these in pcpartpicker
>>
>>55848468
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bz7HBP

Not all the parts are exactly same, like the optical drive, cause I cant find some of them.

Also, with RAM, would you not be better off getting 2x4gb sticks?
>>
>>55847940
You really do not need a 6600k four your goals or that meme heat sink
>>
>>55848468
>>55848504
I did think the cpu was overkill, what would you suggest from last gen that wouldn't sacrifice performance that much and still save me a couple dollars?
As for the cooler, i just Googled a good cooler for 6600k, that was one of the suggestions and it being very silent appealed to me, although it is not crucial at all for me that the cooler is silent.
I don't really know what you mean by gimmicks in my mobo, i looked for the cheapest z170 ddr4 mb that supports both crossfire and sli for possible future upgrades (even though 1060 no sli).
I did think of getting 2x4gb sticks of ram but that costs more...
I think I'll take your advice and ditch the bluray player, i never buy disks anyway.
The psu was the cheapest i could find so you might be right...
Thank you!
>>55848523
Okay, thanks Anon!
>>55848535
What?
>>
Bhh
>>
>>55848659
so in the Uk, your cpu mobo combo is £364

After a quick search I found a i5 6500 and an ASRock Z170 Gaming K6 for £299, not bad, would need to look at the mobo specs though. You only need a K version to overclock, if you're not planning to overclock, paying more for a K version is wasted money. Difference between 6600k and 6500 is ~5-8%, so not much. And that's not 5% less frames, just 5% less overkill. You can pick up a 4590 and a Z97 board for around £250. Quite a bit less performance, up to 20% in some cases, but again, shouldn't bottleneck a 1060. Worth looking into more though, especially for £100 saved.

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo is a slick budget cooler, a lot of people use them. Perfectly fine for any casual overclocking.

By gimmicks I just mean don't pay more for features you won't use. If something is called a Extreme Gaming XX4000 TURBO and has new multithreaded hypercool induction coils on it, you're paying more for nothing.

I've never looked into how much performance dual channel ram adds (or doesn't add). Prices are always around the same for 8gb whether it's 1 or 2 sticks. I doubt you'd notice much of a difference with DDR4 but I could be wrong again.

With PSUs, check jonnyguru.com, they pull them apart and check out all the components and shit. Check consumer reviews too to see if people have had problems with them. Corsair's are usually good enough, Just don't overload a low end PSU. If it's rated for 500w, don't be pushing it past that. You'd probably have to have multi gpu setup to get past 500w, or a seriously hungry card, so you should be ok. If you're planning on getting two gpus (you said you want a mobo with that feature) make sure your psu can handle the two cards you're planning on using so you only have to buy it once.
>>
>>55849477
thanks bro, much appreciated.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.