[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here went from CCENT to CCNA? If so did you have to retake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (6KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6KB, 512x512px
Anyone here went from CCENT to CCNA? If so did you have to retake CCENT related questions/CCNA in its entirety or just a portion of the CCNA questions being that you had CCENT already?
>>
>>55835293
Go to cisco, read exam topics, study those. There isn't a lot of overlap.
>>
I teach CCNA at a city college.

You will need to be familiar with the CCENT (ICND1) material to take the ICND2 exam with any confidence. Its not just that there is overlap, but much of stuff you learned for the ICND1 is fundamental / foundational knowledge.
>>
CISCO?
what kind of cheap chineese knock off garbage is that lmao
>>
File: time_to_stop.jpg (27KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
time_to_stop.jpg
27KB, 446x357px
>>55837029
>>
>>55837007
Would you advise a straight to CCNA path or do you feel CCENT to CCNA is a waste of time?
>>
>>55837252
I always advise students to take the straight CCNA exam.
This is the way I did it myself back in the day so no hypocrisy.
Doing the two ICND exams just seems like spreading the pain of exam prep over a longer period. As I said before, there is enough overlap in the knowledge required for ICND1 and 2 that you end up revising a lot of the earlier material for the later exam anyway..
>>
>>55837358
Thanx
>>
>b-but Eli says the CCNA is toilet paper now

Is he wrong?
>>
>>55837730
Not far off desu..
There has been massive qualification inflation at the lower end of Cisco certs over the past 10 years. A CCNA cert on its own is no longer a ticket to a good - even a decent - job in IT, nevermind network management. You will still need some real world experience as well as the cert unless you interview extraordinarily well, or you are going to benefit from some good, old fashioned nepotism.

You need to qualify at CCNP level to really diferentiate yourself these days.
>>
>>55837953
I disagree. I was able to obtain a job paying 70k base salary + bonuses with a CCNA and no experience. Granted I live in a great area for netoworking/ IT but regardless, the content is as relevant than ever.
>>
>>55837730
Fuck you and Eli.
>>
>>55837953
>>55837730

I think it's a bit lazy to think you will just get a networking cert and jump into networking anyway. Ofcourse experience is needed as well i.e. a start in the IT field. With that said experience + CCNA is still gold unless you're a neet looking for an easy come up.
>>
>>55838226
What might said Area be?
>>
>>55838276
DC Area, lots of gubernment jobs
>>
>>55838226
Fair enough, I stand corrected. Clearly ymmv.
buthurt me needs to get my arse over to Murica and steal your job :)
>>
>>55838335
noice, jacksonville North Carolina is absolutely GOD tier for anyone two-bit faggot with a braindumped cert under their belt, my friend had an A+ and Net+ and within two months had a job on camp lejeune, a top secret clearance, and within 3 months he was transferred to japan. I'm stuck in piece of shit richmond,va and cant even find an unpaid IT internship
>>
>>55838435
that's really good to hear, my gf wants me to move out to Richmond with her in a couple years and it's nice to know ahead that there are no jobs in that shithole
>>55838424
good luck! doubt you'll be stealing my job though i'm x2 as smart as anyone on this board ;)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.