[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right. Im starting to run out of ideas. Let me just greengext

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (192KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1200x630px
All right. Im starting to run out of ideas. Let me just greengext the whole thing.
>fixing my clients macbook
>swapped a new ssd on it since the hard drive was failing
>tried to install osx on it via internet, no luck(read somewhere that the sata cable could be corroded and thats why it wont install)
>took the ssd out and put it on an external hard drive enclosure
>installed osx on the drive while it was plugged in via usb as external drive and it went just fine and osx booted etc
>shutdown the macbook and take the ssd out of the external drive closure and put it back on the macbook and tried to boot it
>it does not boot

What am i doing wrong? Tried googling around but i only get results for installing and using osx from exthdd
>>
>>55829556
>fixing a macbook

LOL the only way of doing that is throwing the whole thing out and buying a new one.
>>
It's really simply, OP. What you need to do is [PLEASE PURCHASE A 4CHAN GOLD ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO VIEW THE REST OF THIS COMMENT]
>>
>>55829575
it worked for me thanks
>>
Delete windows32
>>
>>55829556

Take it to that laptop repair guy in NY, he'll know how to fix it.
>>
File: 4L_n4Q4PcsC.jpg (28KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
4L_n4Q4PcsC.jpg
28KB, 443x332px
>>55829556
Then you need to change this cable not the hdd
>>
>>55>>55829556
You already answered, didnt you? The sata cable???
>>
>>55829556
I guess you already formated the SSD to the OSX standard.

>my next try would be to get a old OSX installation DVD and try to install it. (if no DVD player use a external one)
>Once its installed create a second partition and install the OSX you want on it.
>Delete the first partition and give the second one the full volume**
>**you may encounter the problem that you cant delete the first partition, then you need to format it and install the new OSX on the first partition and then delete the 2nd partition.
If this does not work then you have defective hardware/cables
>>
>>55829556
Just take it to the genius bar you tard.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.