[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any alternative to Cortana? I just don't want MS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Start1.png (3MB, 2846x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Start1.png
3MB, 2846x1600px
Is there any alternative to Cortana?
I just don't want MS to collect my data but I want to use voice recognition commands so bad
>>
It's just a retarded gimmick, you stupid faggot child. Go suck a long dick and kys yourself.
>>
>>55829397
stfu fucking linux-shill
go back to plebbit
>>
>>55829351
You are a MAJOR retard for asking that question.

How do you expect a company (or any group of individuals for that matter) to develop an intelligent voice command tool without having telemetry and another anonymous data collection?

The technology just doesn't pop out of thin air. You need to cross-examine and process thousands if not millions of daily inputs from different users in order to have a functional AI.
>>
>>55829397
>kys yourself.
>kill yourself yourself
>>
>>55829351
use it offline
>>
File: 1459354025745.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1459354025745.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>55829351
>I just don't want MS to collect my data
>use windows 10 spyware edition
>>
>>55829351
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55829351
>>
>>55829351
You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Even if you try to filter it off at the router level, you're still fucked if you use more than your home connection.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change for example. They _will_ break whatever workaround you use.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 and 8.1 as well.
You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.

>>55829891
I get the feeling that it was designed primarily for data collection
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.